Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TAMUC Competency Based Program List
If anyone is looking for the additional 2 UL classes that this program requires. I picked CID 338 and GSCB 301. 338 has zero assignments and you can probably finish all tests within a day or two, depending on when they are graded. 301 has an amazing teacher and some interesting topics. But holy smokes there are a lot of assignments!

If you're looking for a quick 2 classes to satisfy the requirements, I recommend CID 338 for sure. Followed by CID 347 (6 assignments at two paragraphs each) or ORLG 431
[-] The following 5 users Like teejayb's post:
  • CircleT7, ltw900rr, mohelena02, StoicJ, Vle045
Just wanted to do an update. We had promotional testing at work over the past 4 months, so my focus has been on that and not accelerating, but only doing the minimum two classes. Due to the additional requirements from last semester, I have 9 more classes to go. Which I am determined to do in two semesters. I started 3321 (business comm) and 3322 (ethics) on 1/17. Completed both by the weekend. Unfortunately by ethics professor has 5 classes (so probably around 150 students) To grade quizzes and essays, including 6 one-pagers and a 6-8 page essay. So I am sitting here idly until she gets to my work. There are essays I did on the first day of class that she has not graded, so I am not betting on being able to accelerate by this weekend. This is extremely frustrating that there is no maximum lead time for grading.

3321-Communications: Difficult quizzes, but it's open book so if you read the material, you can figure out what chapter the question is from quickly. 15 page project (mostly one-paragraph answers per page) that can be done in a long afternoon.

3322- Ethics: Mostly common sense quizzes, found nothing really difficult about the material. 6 modules each with its own quiz and short essay. Then a 6-8 page case study on business ethics.

It seems like all the classes I have taken have not been reviewed for accuracy or misspellings. Nearly every quiz had at least one outrageous error.
Examples would be: Which beverage do most people prefer in the morning? (A)-Coffee (B)- All of the above.
[-] The following 3 users Like teejayb's post:
  • CircleT7, namwen, StoicJ
(09-18-2022, 10:18 AM)allvia Wrote:
(09-15-2022, 12:02 AM)christinadq Wrote: This looks new: General Studies (BGS), Competency-Based

https://www.tamuc.edu/programs/general-s...ncy-based/

Now that will do the job to check that box for many. These offerings are hard to beat if you're located in TX.  Could also be a cheap way to get some RA credits, even if located outside TX

Is there a course list for competency based courses offered? I am not from Texas but I want to get as many RA credits as FAST as possible. Do you or anyone else know any options?
Each competency based degree program would have different course requirements, you can find the courses in each concentration or degree by going to the respective institution and clicking that particular program. There may be plans already created for TAMUC and UMPI, you can view them on the WIKI as I've seen a few for several institutions... You can create a spreadsheet and compare your degree of choice and the requirements, use that spreadsheet as a reference/tracking tool for your progress.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-29-2023, 02:08 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Each competency based degree program would have different course requirements, you can find the courses in each concentration or degree by going to the respective institution and clicking that particular program.  There may be plans already created for TAMUC and UMPI, you can view them on the WIKI as I've seen a few for several institutions... You can create a spreadsheet and compare your degree of choice and the requirements, use that spreadsheet as a reference/tracking tool for your progress.

ok thanks for your input
Has anyone recently transferred in course work from Straighterline, Sophia or Study.com through Credly to TAMUC

Wanting to verify that they still accept ACE credits from all three sources.
They will NOT accept Credly. They will accept ACE credits through parchment for competency based programs only. They do no accept ACE for traditional degrees.
(02-16-2023, 07:56 PM)Iteejayb Wrote: They will NOT accept Credly. They will accept ACE credits through parchment for competency based programs only. They do no accept ACE for traditional degrees.

I’m unfamiliar with parchment.  What is the is?   It would be for one of the competency based degree paths.
Parchment is an official transcript service. Like Credly, it is used by multiple schools/organizations. Unlike Credly, it costs money to send a transcript. An Arizona State University transcript is $15, while I think a Sophia transcript is only $5.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
(02-17-2023, 02:41 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Parchment is an official transcript service. Like Credly, it is used by multiple schools/organizations. Unlike Credly, it costs money to send a transcript. An Arizona State University transcript is $15, while I think a Sophia transcript is only $5.
Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC BAAS ORGL DONE! txc1500 8 220 Yesterday, 08:03 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 26 4,363 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC Happy first day of Spring 1 ltw900rr 41 2,782 04-10-2024, 05:17 PM
Smile Jacksonville State U. JSU Try It program. New course for Fall 2024. Completely Free sixdegreesandamovie 3 293 04-01-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: jch
  Bsnipedavis - TAMUC - Assistance Requested Bsnipedavis 20 2,507 03-16-2024, 08:50 AM
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 391 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,951 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 504 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 10 1,412 01-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Only 15 Classes To Go! mohelena02 47 6,236 01-11-2024, 11:50 AM