Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU ASBA and then TESU BSBA in Marketing
First off, thanks for reading (I know this is a lot of information) and also thanks for any help you can provide. I have read multiple posts here (and some other forums). I have also looked at a few sites such as Study.com (in most cases this seems like it would work best for me), Saylor, and Davar. I have also read about other sites such as Sophia and InstaCert (but haven't looked into them). I am very close to completing my ASBA and also pretty close to completing my BSBA in Marketing (very likely 1 to 2 terms after ASBA).

I like the way Study.com has the courses set up and is mostly videos. Maybe TMI but I use my exercise bike a couple hours a day (which should continue at least for a few months due to the pandemic) and it has been nice to use that time for courses.  I originally started with Saylor and it is a lot of reading and it doesn't seem like it necessarily lines up 100% with the tests. For the courses that just require quizzes and a final exam on Study.com (no assignments) I will probably just take them there. Although with the monthly 2 exam limits on Study.com (before having to pay $70 per exam) I might consider working through a course on Study.com and then taking the exam on Saylor (if the equivalent course is available). There are a few courses on Study.com that have assignments and I would rather avoid those and just be able to test out (I see that for some of them Davar has an equivalent course with no assignments, although the exam does have essays so not 100% sure which I would prefer). I am also open to other sources, preference is ease of use (especially videos) and no required assignments (just testing out) if possible, but realize that may not be possible.

Below are the courses I was planning on taking. Attached is my official evaluation for the ASBA and the unofficial evaluation for the BSBA in Marketing (copying and pasting didn't work too well). If I can swap any of these out for something most would deem easier that would be great to know. This is especially true for the UL courses and courses with required assignments. If any of the courses I listed won't meet requirements that would also be good to know. On the unofficial BSBA in Marketing evaluation there are a bunch of deficits of .33 credits and a couple deficits of 1 credits. Those existed for the ASBA as well but when I brought it up TESU removed them, I am assuming they will do the same for the BSBA in Marketing (especially as I will have the ASBA).

SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy (taken at TESU as it is required, registered for August).

Marketing Capstone (taken at TESU as it is required, will register once able).

COS-101 Introduction to Computers for "E: Computers 3 SH (Core)" requirementLikely taken at Study.com as Business 109: Intro to Computing. May do the equivalent at Saylor to save the $45 difference in exams between Study.com and Saylor.

POS-282 Intro to Comparative Politics for "B: Civic Engagement 3SH (Gen Ed)" requirementLikely taken at at Study.com as Political Science 103 - Comparative Politics. May do the equivalent at Saylor to save the $45 difference in exams between Study.com and Saylor.

MAR-411 Marketing Research for "A: Research 3 SH (Marketing Degree Focus)" requirement. Likely taken at Study.com as Marketing 301 - Market Research. This (or its equvalent) seems like it is required by TESU and there is no other option? TESU option has assignments, would prefer an option that is just testing out.

MAN-372 International Management for "G: Business/Society 3SH (Core)" requirement. Likely taken at Study.com as Business 308: Globalization & International Management). However, considering Davar equivalent as it does not have required assignments (although the exam has essay questions). The evaluation only lists this course and Bus-311, Are there other options I can take instead (especially one that is LL) that will still transfer in as this is for Core?

STA-201 Principles of Statistics for "E: MATHEMATICS (Gen Ed)" requirement. Likely taken at Study.com as Statistics 101: Principles of Statistics. May do the equivalent at Saylor to save the $45 difference in exams between Study.com and Saylor. The evaluation only lists this course and Bus-210, Are there other options I can take instead that will still transfer in as this is for Gen Ed?

FIN-200 Intro to Finance for "D: Finance 3 SH (Core)" requirement. Likely taken at Study.com as Finance 104: Financial Management. The evaluation specifically lists FIN-301 Principles of Finance, but I read in multiple places that LL courses will transfer in, correct (as long as its not part of your degree focus)? Will this course suffice, or is there a better option?

MAN-373 Managerial Comunication for "I: Communications 3 SH (Core)" requirement. Likely taken at Study.com as Business 324: Managerial Communication. The evaluation specifically lists this course. Are there other options I can take instead (especially one that is LL)? If I take this specific course I am also considering Saylor or Davar equivalents to avoid the assignments (although Davar has essay questions on the exam, not sure if Saylor does).

Attached Files
.pdf   TESU ASBA official evaluation.pdf (Size: 960.33 KB / Downloads: 21)
.pdf   TESU BSBA in Marketing unofficial evaluation.pdf (Size: 1.11 MB / Downloads: 27)
You can take Intro to Stats for FREE right NOW on Sophia.org. All of Sophia's courses are free until July 31st.

You might want to also checkout StraighterLine. They have a number of lower level gen eds as well. Might be cheaper than Study.com especially with the 2 courses per month limit before the $70 kicks in and then you're still limited to 5 in a month at Study.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • emeraldwayfarer
Whew, it's great you updated those PDF files as it contained your personal details. I was going to PM you on that! Have you decided on TESU and won't look at the other recommended schools on this board? Anyways, sometimes spending a little cash on another class would save so much headache and energy/time on a poorly crafted course. I previously recommended Saylor due to their cost but not much anymore because of the quality of their courses, you can try their courses for credit and see how they work for you, you can also try Davar as well, however; these are my recommendations for each you have listed.

COS-101 Introduction to Computers for "E: Computers 3 SH (Core)" requirement. FREE - Take Sophia Intro to IT, comes in as COS-107
POS-282 Intro to Comparative Politics for "B: Civic Engagement 3SH (Gen Ed)" requirement. Saylor - $25 if it's still ACE recommended for credit.
MAR-411 Marketing Research for "A: Research 3 SH (Marketing Degree Focus)" requirement. Study.com as Marketing 301 - Market Research.
MAN-372 International Management for "G: Business/Society 3SH (Core)" requirement. Study.com has Business 120: International Business.
STA-201 Principles of Statistics for "E: MATHEMATICS (Gen Ed)" requirement. CSM Learn $39, it's the best option by far or if you have time Sophia for FREE.
FIN-200 Intro to Finance for "D: Finance 3 SH (Core)" requirement. Study.com has Finance 104: Financial Management OR FIN 101.
MAN-373 Managerial Communication for "I: Communications 3 SH (Core)" requirement. Study.com Business 113: Business Communication
*Note: None of the requirements have to be 300/400 Upper Level, only 12 UL needed are in the Area Of Study and 3 for Business Capstone (15 UL)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • emeraldwayfarer
Update:  Actually, instead of using Saylor for Civic Engagement, you should subscribe to InstantCertCredit.com, you save $5 and you're supporting this board.  I forgot that course is offered here and it's also ACE recommended for credit. But the best part is, it uses RPNOW vs Saylor which uses ProctorU for exam testing, a much better service and less headache.   So, change that recommendation to InstantCertCredit.com and take American Government from them instead - see here for available courses: http://instantcertcredit.com/

[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • emeraldwayfarer, rachel83az
I agree with bjcheung77 on everything he's recommended. Those are the courses I would take (I prob wouldn't do Saylor to save money because I have more money than time, unless I thought I could pass the exam cold).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-08-2020, 12:13 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Whew, it's great you updated those PDF files as it contained your personal details. I was going to PM you on that! Have you decided on TESU and won't look at the other recommended schools on this board? Anyways, sometimes spending a little cash on another class would save so much headache and energy/time on a poorly crafted course. I previously recommended Saylor due to their cost but not much anymore because of the quality of their courses, you can try their courses for credit and see how they work for you, you can also try Davar as well, however; these are my recommendations for each you have listed.

COS-101 Introduction to Computers for "E: Computers 3 SH (Core)" requirement. FREE - Take Sophia Intro to IT, comes in as COS-107
POS-282 Intro to Comparative Politics for "B: Civic Engagement 3SH (Gen Ed)" requirement. Saylor - $25 if it's still ACE recommended for credit.
MAR-411 Marketing Research for "A: Research 3 SH (Marketing Degree Focus)" requirement. Study.com as Marketing 301 - Market Research.
MAN-372 International Management for "G: Business/Society 3SH (Core)" requirement. Study.com has Business 120: International Business.
STA-201 Principles of Statistics for "E: MATHEMATICS (Gen Ed)" requirement. CSM Learn $39, it's the best option by far or if you have time Sophia for FREE.
FIN-200 Intro to Finance for "D: Finance 3 SH (Core)" requirement. Study.com has Finance 104: Financial Management OR FIN 101.
MAN-373 Managerial Communication for "I: Communications 3 SH (Core)" requirement. Study.com Business 113: Business Communication
*Note: None of the requirements have to be 300/400 Upper Level, only 12 UL needed are in the Area Of Study and 3 for Business Capstone (15 UL)
Wanted to thank everyone for all of the help. As of December 11, 2020 I will receive my BSBA - Marketing and AA with Emphasis in Communications degrees (as well as the ASBA). I started my Cornerstone in August and Capstone in September so I thought I wouldn't receive the BSBA until March. Which is why I also did the ASBA so I would at least have something business related in December (I did the AA with Emphasis in Communications because it was an extra two classes via SDC/Sophia). However, TESU let me move the BSBA graduation into December. My plan is to list the AA with Emphasis in Communications and BSBA - Marketing but not the ASBA since it is just a lower version of the BSBA.

I am looking to complete a CS degree in the next year or so. Based on the evaluation I had TESU do I would need 10 courses beyond the required Capstone (for a total of 11 courses). I will probably make a new post about that at some point.
Wow, that was fast! Congrats! Way to go! Hmm, you're coming back to TESU for the BA Comp Sci? Did you pay the residency waiver fee or did you already complete the 16 residency credit requirements? If you paid the residency waiver, you can quickly try and complete the degree before the 2021 year is over! Good luck, have fun, and stay safe!

I paid the waiver in September so was considering completing the CS degree at TESU by next September. I was also planning at looking into other options (such as COSC).
(12-02-2020, 09:53 PM)emeraldwayfarer Wrote: I paid the waiver in September so was considering completing the CS degree at TESU by next September. I was also planning at looking into other options (such as COSC).

Unfortunately, the Residency Waiver is only good for 1 Bachelor's degree.  So if you did the CS degree, you'd have to pay the RW again, along with the capstone (so a total of $4776).

I'd probably look into a school like WGU or something like that.  It will be cheaper.  The 29cr of Gen Eds are all waived, and then you can do 53cr through Study.com, and have 40cr remaining (10 courses).  You could study ahead of time for many, and then go quickly through a bunch of the courses if you're able, and finish in 1 term (for a total of $3520).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 65 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 53 6 hours ago
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 114 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,072 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 246 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 202 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 408 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 476 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,046 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 793 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts