Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Eliminates SOME Study.com Transfer Credits [unconfirmed]
(01-06-2022, 09:37 PM)Lee586 Wrote: So none of the LL can overlap in AOS? This gets kind of confusing.

Also for the final UL can I do Network TECEP instead of Digital Marketing?

If you really, REALLY don't want to do Digital Marketing, you can do CIS-309 Business Process Management @ ASU. It starts March 15th: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/business-proc...t-cis-309/

I asked about ASU's CIS-308 and CIS-309 applying to either my CS or CIS degrees. CIS-308 will NOT work for either, but they pre-planned CIS-309 for me in my CIS degree! I wasn't expecting either of them to work, to be honest, but it's a nice surprise. I may or may not actually take the course, but I do like having the option.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • jch
Just passed Computer Architecture. All that's left now is the capstone. Says I need granted permission though?

Stoked to be just 3 credits away!

Also I've heard for the capstone, you can write about anything, doesn't have to be about your area of study?

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Experience

Writing about history would be a lot easier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lee586's post:
  • Ideas
I just got granted permission yesterday. Make an appointment with an advisor, and they’ll unlock the class for you. Congratulations! I’m registered for the Capstone with C. Cruse.
(01-13-2022, 11:06 PM)Lee586 Wrote: Just passed Computer Architecture. All that's left now is the capstone. Says I need granted permission though?

Stoked to be just 3 credits away!

Also I've heard for the capstone, you can write about anything, doesn't have to be about your area of study?

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Experience

Writing about history would be a lot easier.

Congrats on passing Computer Architecture!  Maybe you can do WGU Introduction to Artificial Intelligence for another UL course.  Then, you can use Software Engineering for CIS and not have to take the digital marketing course.  That is if TESU does bring that course in as UL and not LL

And while you're at it, grab some LL courses such as Web Development Foundations or Data Management - Foundations to use for LL CIS.

You can write about anything for the Capstone, but it needs to be a research question that isn't solved yet.

(01-13-2022, 11:32 PM)tpell1219 Wrote: I just got granted permission yesterday. Make an appointment with an advisor, and they’ll unlock the class for you. Congratulations! I’m registered for the Capstone with C. Cruse.

That would be a bit overkill to make an appointment. Inst ad, I would call the advising hotline or email them.

If you want to graduate in June, you need to register for classes by Feb 1st. Otherwise, your graduation will be in September or later.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-13-2022, 02:36 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 09:37 PM)Lee586 Wrote: So none of the LL can overlap in AOS? This gets kind of confusing.

Also for the final UL can I do Network TECEP instead of Digital Marketing?

If you really, REALLY don't want to do Digital Marketing, you can do CIS-309 Business Process Management @ ASU. It starts March 15th: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/business-proc...t-cis-309/

I asked about ASU's CIS-308 and CIS-309 applying to either my CS or CIS degrees. CIS-308 will NOT work for either, but they pre-planned CIS-309 for me in my CIS degree! I wasn't expecting either of them to work, to be honest, but it's a nice surprise. I may or may not actually take the course, but I do like having the option.

I´m doing the Digital Marketing now, it´s much easier than the System´s Analysis and Design, mostly because I could just guess correctly most of the questions at the first try. But yeah, so far, I have only advanced around 13/83 quizzes. Maybe later it gets tougher.
(01-14-2022, 11:35 AM)MrPanda Wrote: I´m doing the Digital Marketing now, it´s much easier than the System´s Analysis and Design, mostly because I could just guess correctly most of the questions at the first try. But yeah, so far, I have only advanced around 13/83 quizzes. Maybe later it gets tougher.

That course does require 3 assignments, so I can see why someone might not want to take it if they don't have to.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(01-14-2022, 11:50 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 11:35 AM)MrPanda Wrote: I´m doing the Digital Marketing now, it´s much easier than the System´s Analysis and Design, mostly because I could just guess correctly most of the questions at the first try. But yeah, so far, I have only advanced around 13/83 quizzes. Maybe later it gets tougher.

That course does require 3 assignments, so I can see why someone might not want to take it if they don't have to.

Rachel, Strayer is offering the Discrete math as a challenge exam https://www.strayer.edu/content/dam/stra...%20311.pdf
how much cost this course??
Is this course available for transferring to TESU?

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
Each Strayer exam is $20 (unless they've changed the price). You can take the exam exactly once. If you pass, yes, you can theoretically send the transcript to TESU. But it's not an easy process. See this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Strayer-U and especially the last page.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Any tips to get a head start on the capstone?
(01-14-2022, 04:34 PM)Lee586 Wrote: Any tips to get a head start on the capstone?

Pick your topic and write your thesis statement. Read about how to write a good thesis statement if needed. Start picking scholarly sources.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 225 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 237 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,574 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary