Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU LIB495 - No help, withdrawing from it. Thoughts?
Keep in mind that the capstone is considered the culmination of your experience in the degree and the reason they list specific requirements (which are only now enforced) is to ensure that you are properly prepared for the course.

From the instructor's perspective, if you are ready to take your capstone you should already know what a thesis is and how to create a literature review; you should have learned that in your english composition courses and it should have been reinforced through the academic writing you did in your upper division coursework. From the instructor's perspective, at the capstone level they are not there to teach you, they are there to measure your ability to synthesize the knowledge you gained from your degree as you prove you are ready to graduate through completing the capstone assignments. It is not a course on paper writing, so they shouldn't be teaching you how to create the elements of your paper, only to help guide you on the path you should take while doing so.

From the student perspective, I always like to see an example of what good looks like to make sure I'm on the right path, but when asked my mentor told me that they don't have anything like that, but if I am there, I should already have all the tools needed to be successful, I just need to apply them. And he was right, I just was so used to having my hand held in the courses I had taken previously that I wasn't taking charge and taking my own approach to the problem that utilized what I already knew, combing what I learned in school and what I learned on the job. Once I did that, I was able to excel.

That all said, there are a number of excellent guides on how to write academic papers on YouTube if you need them. Plus folks here on the forum will obviously be able to contribute.

You don't need to withdraw, just do some extra research to refresh your english comp knowledge and get back to it. I'm sure you'll do fine!
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 4 users Like Merlin's post:
  • cookderosa, MrBossmanJr, NolaRice, suzycupcake
(03-03-2019, 03:38 PM)TexasTink Wrote: If any of y’all need some samples, I’d be happy to send over the samples my mentor has posted. I have 2-3 for each assignment and 4 complete capstones. I’ve downloaded them and could send them along if that would help.
I would very much appreciate if you could share them with me as well. Do i PM you my email ID?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(03-03-2019, 09:14 PM)Supermind Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 03:38 PM)TexasTink Wrote: If any of y’all need some samples, I’d be happy to send over the samples my mentor has posted. I have 2-3 for each assignment and 4 complete capstones. I’ve downloaded them and could send them along if that would help.
I would very much appreciate if you could share them with me as well. Do i PM you my email ID?

Sure!  PM me your email address and I can send them over tomorrow.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
[-] The following 2 users Like TexasTink's post:
  • ChilliDawg, suzycupcake
(03-03-2019, 09:27 PM)TexasTink Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 09:14 PM)Supermind Wrote:

Sure!  PM me your email address and I can send them over tomorrow.

BIg thank you to Texas Tink for sending over a few samples.  Very kind of you.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

Thank you Texas Tink. Reviewing samples brings so much more clarity than reading the Lib-495 textbook.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

I would not drop the class. You've already paid for it. You may be able to switch mentors, so I would ask about that first and explain that you are not getting enough direction.

I took the top grade in my capstone class, and have my paper available online. If anyone needs another sample PM me. One thing I did was hired someone from LinkedIn who had experience in the field I was writing about and a lot of writing experience. She listed herself as an editor, and I just reached out to her through LinkedIn. I did that at the tail end of the course. It was a huge help for me though, and well worth what little she charged me just to have peace of mind that I wouldn't fail. I really wasn't expecting to do as well as did. I can share her contact info as well if anyone needs it.

I did put a lot of effort into the class. I think my paper was about 120 pages. Most of the students papers I believe were around 50. I chose a main topic and researched about 5 sub-topics within it. I complied research for some sub-topics, but I also sent out surveys to organizations & compiled the results of those. The paper contained both quantitative & qualitative data I will say a lot of it felt very repetitive.

Please feel free to ask me questions if you need more information.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
@Sweetsecret, Where can I find your paper? Given that you have put so much work into it, I would definitely like to read it. Pls PM me the link.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • ChilliDawg
This thread has to be a caution to anyone accumulating credit that doesn't require writing- all 3 of the big 3 require a capstone. No way around it.
Hi TexasTink, I would love those samples if the offer is still available. Thanks in advance.
I took both Comp1 and 2 through Study.com and I don't recall having to write a 'thesis' paper. A thesis was always just described as the sentence (or three) that explains the main idea of the paper. When I do the capstone I am sure I will need to look at examples and research exactly what type of paper i am supposed to write.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,356 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 532 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 457 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 301 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 280 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27