Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thomas Edison Sucks
Lindagerr Wrote:By the way I went with TESC because it is a state school and I live in NJ. TESC has been in business for a long time and here in NJ the reputation has just been getting better.

This is the reason I chose TESC as well, because they were the only one of the big three to offer both state school status and actual majors. While their customer service may be lacking sometimes it's still a great deal compared to other schools with residency requirements. So... ya take the good with the bad and move on to bigger and better things.
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004
TESC has problems- I have shared mine on this board a number of times. I want to touch on the graduation issue though.

Most colleges have graduation ONCE per year. If you finish spring with 119 credits- too bad, you simply must wait an entire year longer to graduate. I think that because TESC accepts rolling admission, we "expect" rolling graduation- that isn't the case.
I think it's awesome that we can graduate up to 4 dates per year- and yes, they have insane deadlines (I bitched about that too, my joke, if anyone remembers, is to file for graduation with your admission application LOL) but you have to see that graduating more than once per year is a gift.
I forgot to add,
TESC is not expensive. To pay an enrollment fee is the counter-balance to having zero residency. If you were REQUIRED to take 30 credits with TESC like every other college in the world, then you'd be paying some money....but as it stands now, it's a bargain.
Thanks for posting. I was worried about the TE tradition of freakishly long data input and graduation deadlines messing up my grad school plans. But just as some of us were gonna start wielding torches you bring up a point that hadn’t occurred to me. You’d make a really good college counselor.
cookderosa Wrote:TESC has problems- I have shared mine on this board a number of times. I want to touch on the graduation issue though.

Most colleges have graduation ONCE per year. If you finish spring with 119 credits- too bad, you simply must wait an entire year longer to graduate. I think that because TESC accepts rolling admission, we "expect" rolling graduation- that isn't the case.
I think it's awesome that we can graduate up to 4 dates per year- and yes, they have insane deadlines (I bitched about that too, my joke, if anyone remembers, is to file for graduation with your admission application LOL) but you have to see that graduating more than once per year is a gift.
Jason86 Wrote:Thanks for posting. I was worried about the TE tradition of freakishly long data input and graduation deadlines messing up my grad school plans. But just as some of us were gonna start wielding torches you bring up a point that hadn’t occurred to me. You’d make a really good college counselor.
>>

Thanks Jason, that's a nice thing to say! Big Grin
The reality of counselors/advisors, is that they are closers- in other words, it's a sales job. My loyalties lie with the facts, the truth, and helping someone weed through the rules and work their own situation as best they can. An altruistic view doesn't win "employee of the month." hilarious
thatbrian Wrote:Turns out that they have to not only receive them but process them as well, before the deadline.

I just graduated with TESC this month. I think someone is giving you faulty information. Though I do admit their customer service is rather difficult at times.

My enrollment expired at the end of December, also the submission deadline for March graduation. They had received but not processed two of my Dantes tests and one of my TECEPs had not been graded. I submitted my graduation request filling out the section showing which tests they had not processed. There were no problems and I haven't needed to contact them.

I'm sorry about the trouble you're getting from them though and hopefully they'll get their act together for you.
Jennifer, I realize that B&M schools only graduate once per year, but on this site we are talking about and comparing "The Big Three". Charter Oak has 6 dates, and I believe that Excelsior has twice that! Therefore, Thomas Edison isn't doing anyone any favors by having only 4 dates.

Also, I didn't say that TE was expensive. What I said/meant was that they had to very little for the money I gave them.

cookderosa Wrote:TESC has problems- I have shared mine on this board a number of times. I want to touch on the graduation issue though.

BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]
They could have gotten a lot more money out of me since I was doing 2 to 3 classes per semester OL. After 3 occasions of getting "ADVICE" from their "advisers" that was COMPLETELY WRONG and cost me both TIME and MONEY and knowing I'd invested too much in the high enrollment fee to change schools. I sarcastically dubbed tesc a self-service school. Now I test out so they WILL NOT get an extra dime out of me.

When you have to research the erroneous information the advisers give out, then email them with references and page numbers from their own publications and policies, well yea I think the advisers suck!
thatbrian Wrote:Jennifer, I realize that B&M schools only graduate once per year, but on this site we are talking about and comparing "The Big Three". Charter Oak has 6 dates, and I believe that Excelsior has twice that! Therefore, Thomas Edison isn't doing anyone any favors by having only 4 dates.

Also, I didn't say that TE was expensive. What I said/meant was that they had to very little for the money I gave them.
>>

Brian, I do understand your gripes- but I'm not your problem, just trying to show you the up-side.
Now, for the real question, what is your solution?
There is no solution. I'm not asking for help. Just doing my best to prevent some other poor soul from making the same mistake I did.

cookderosa Wrote:>>

Brian, I do understand your gripes- but I'm not your problem, just trying to show you the up-side.
Now, for the real question, what is your solution?
BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU My Edison log-in trouble JanuarySunshine 4 2,514 08-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Last Post: JanuarySunshine
  THOMAS EDISON ANALYZING AND INTERPRETING LIT Giantzebra 4 1,843 08-07-2018, 10:00 AM
Last Post: nashpond
  Help requested with Thomas Edison degree plan. BSOL kodiak61 8 2,233 06-21-2018, 11:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Admission to Thomas Edison Dowew 7 2,272 04-19-2018, 01:18 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Thomas Edison State College Upper level Accounting Credit - HELP! DeterminedStudent 28 5,922 04-19-2018, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Thomas Edison Calculus Class ALstudent 8 2,444 03-13-2018, 03:47 PM
Last Post: frank.f.franky
  Thomas Edison State University Selects New President jsd 3 2,178 12-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Thomas Edison Course Equivalency lookup High_Order1 11 2,317 06-17-2017, 10:51 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  The Institues CPCU, Thomas Edison, and ACE credit chasm636 1 1,273 05-12-2017, 11:37 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Got time off..how fast can I complete the Thomas Edison Management degree? Lnacen 15 2,934 03-19-2017, 11:35 AM
Last Post: High_Order1