Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Transferring ACE to Arizona State University
(02-11-2021, 04:59 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 04:38 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 04:37 PM)MNomadic Wrote: You contacted 300 of the top universities?

I've searched through nearly all of them. Yes...
However, I found the ones that will ever accept ACE are online continuing education departments.
i.e. University of Alabama's online continuing education department will accept 45 ACE credits. CUNY's school of professional studies will accept 45 ACE credits too.

So, If you want to get a degree from one of the top 400 brick and mortar universities, stay away from ACE credits. Don't waste your time.
Stick with CLEP and self-paced online courses.

The only exception is FIU.
FIU online will accept maybe 20-30 ACE credits from Straighterline as long as you score higher than 80/100 at proctored final exams.

CUNY is NOT an online school. CUNY is the City University of New York. It is a state and NYC funded brick & mortar school in NYC with multiple campuses. 

CUNY's school of professional studies is more popular as an online school. Check their degrees:

https://sps.cuny.edu/academics/undergraduate

Most of them are offered online.

I hope study.com will gain at least community college status one day so they can give RA credits Sad
(02-11-2021, 05:05 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 04:37 PM)MNomadic Wrote: You contacted 300 of the top universities?

However, I found the ones that will ever accept ACE are online continuing education departments.
i.e. University of Alabama's online continuing education department will accept 45 ACE credits. CUNY's school of professional studies will accept 45 ACE credits too.

So, If you want to get a degree from one of the top 400 brick and mortar universities, stay away from ACE credits. Don't waste your time.

FIU online will accept maybe 20-30 ACE credits from Straighterline as long as you score higher than 80/100 at proctored final exams.

CUNY is NOT an online school. CUNY is the City University of New York. It is a state and NYC funded brick & mortar school in NYC with multiple campuses. 

CUNY's school of professional studies is more popular as an online school. Check their degrees:

I hope study.com will gain at least community college status one day so they can give RA credits Sad

CUNY is NOT an online school. There is an online program at the school. HUGE difference between a B&M school with an online division than a school like WGU is online only. I am well aware of what CUNY and the School of Professional Studies is all about. I live in NY. 

That's one of the crazier things I've heard on here!  I seriously doubt that will ever happen.  They are not a school, don't claim to be, and probably would never even consider becoming one.  The cost to offer credits would certainly go up beyond what people are willing to pay though, if that were to happen - running a school is not cheap.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-11-2021, 05:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

That's one of the crazier things I've heard on here!  I seriously doubt that will ever happen.  They are not a school, don't claim to be, and probably would never even consider becoming one.  The cost to offer credits would certainly go up beyond what people are willing to pay though, if that were to happen - running a school is not cheap.

There are a few cheap online community colleges that charge around $150 per credit.
If they can do that, then study.com can try at least.
I’ve emailed them so many times asking them if they do. It turned out to be a nightmare. They never answered my question. I don’t think they’ll accept any non-collegiate credit besides CLEP..
BABA, New England College, 2019
(02-11-2021, 05:59 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I’ve emailed them so many times asking them if they do. It turned out to be a nightmare. They never answered my question. I don’t think they’ll accept any non-collegiate credit besides CLEP..

They probably didn't even know what you were talking about.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • MNomadic
(02-11-2021, 05:55 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 05:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

There are a few cheap online community colleges that charge around $150 per credit.
If they can do that, then study.com can try at least.

$150/credit is extremely expensive compared to $33/credit. That's simply no longer affordable for many people. It's why things like TEL and Olivet are amazing to people. If you want to pay $150/credit, then use one of those cheap community colleges.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-11-2021, 06:02 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 05:59 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I’ve emailed them so many times asking them if they do. It turned out to be a nightmare. They never answered my question. I don’t think they’ll accept any non-collegiate credit besides CLEP..

They probably didn't even know what you were talking about.

It's funny. I was just starting to fill out their application yesterday for the hell of it to see what they'd accept. But then I was like, "Why do I want to throw away $70 on an application fee for a college I have no intention of attending?
[-] The following 2 users Like ReyMysterioso's post:
  • harrypotter, rachel83az

CUNY SPS isn't "continuing education." It's an actual university aimed at adults who have some credits but no degree. Continuing education is usually non-credit professional development classes and certificate programs, and very rarely has admissions requirements. Also I've never heard of transferring credits into continuing ed programs (and I've done a lot of them).
[-] The following 1 user Likes monchevy's post:
  • ss20ts
(02-11-2021, 06:36 PM)monchevy Wrote: CUNY SPS isn't "continuing education." It's an actual university aimed at adults who have some credits but no degree. Continuing education is usually non-credit professional development classes and certificate programs, and very rarely has admissions requirements. Also I've never heard of transferring credits into continuing ed programs (and I've done a lot of them).

Not true!

Continuing Education departments offer bachelor's degrees these days!

Check University of Alabama's continuing education department:
https://learnon.ua.edu/prospective-stude...formation/

They give you a degree.

Also, 'School of Professional Studies' is similar to continuing ed:
NYU's School of Professional Studies was once called 'New York University School of Continuing Education'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_U...al_Studies

Columbia University's School of Professional Studies was once called 'Division of Continuing Education and Special Programs'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia_U...al_Studies
In 2015, the School of Continuing Education was renamed the 'School of Professional Studies'

But it depends on their accreditation status. Normally 'Continuing Education' departments don't have university accreditation / status.
So the education, degrees from continuing education departments won't have the accreditation.

It could be that these new 'School of Professional Studies' have proper university accreditation. So they're different from old 'Continuing Education' departments.
It's much easier to get into NYU's School of Professional Studies than NYU's other campus degree programs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 309 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,710 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,736 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 3,082 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 723 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,301 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,710 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 393 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 553 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,579 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff