Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UCN like doctorate options?
Are there any cheap online DBAs similar to the one offered by the UCN? I need it to have a positive WES Canada evaluation. Also, the shorter the duaration, the better. I couldnt find anything on here using the search option.
That's a good question. Azteca would've been one, but (like UCN) WES is not evaluating them right now. Swiss Management Center would've been an option (although a very murky one) but WES has them blocked, too, and probably because they derive their "accreditation" entirely through their UCN partnership.

There is Apollos here in the U.S. at about $17K, but as the whole NA/RA thing is still winding down (and will for a while), there may be hassles from Canada over it being classified as NA.
(02-21-2021, 11:52 AM)eLearner Wrote: That's a good question. Azteca would've been one, but (like UCN) WES is not evaluating them right now. Swiss Management Center would've been an option (although a very murky one) but WES has them blocked, too, and probably because they derive their "accreditation" entirely through their UCN partnership.

There is Apollos here in the U.S. at about $17K, but as the whole NA/RA thing is still winding down (and will for a while), there may be hassles from Canada over it being classified as NA.
Do we know if they get a positive evaluation from any other canadian evaluating agencies? Like IQAS? 

Then again there a risk of getting a negative assessment after the completion of the program cuz a lot could change in 2 years.
(02-21-2021, 03:52 PM)Sdmj33 Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 11:52 AM)eLearner Wrote: That's a good question. Azteca would've been one, but (like UCN) WES is not evaluating them right now. Swiss Management Center would've been an option (although a very murky one) but WES has them blocked, too, and probably because they derive their "accreditation" entirely through their UCN partnership.

Do we know if they get a positive evaluation from any other canadian evaluating agencies? Like IQAS? 

Then again there a risk of getting a negative assessment after the completion of the program cuz a lot could change in 2 years.

Haven't heard on IQAS.

You make an excellent point about the risk of changes over time. It wasn't long ago that UCN, Azteca and SMC were all being evaluated. Now, all blocked by WES.
(02-21-2021, 04:00 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 03:52 PM)Sdmj33 Wrote:

Haven't heard on IQAS.

You make an excellent point about the risk of changes over time. It wasn't long ago that UCN, Azteca and SMC were all being evaluated. Now, all blocked by WES.
I just found out that ICES does not evaluate UCN degrees. They specifically mention UCN and UCN only as the institution whose credentials they dont evaluate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sdmj33's post:
  • eLearner
(02-23-2021, 10:26 AM)Sdmj33 Wrote: I just found out that ICES does not evaluate UCN degrees. They specifically mention UCN and UCN only as the institution whose credentials they dont evaluate.

WOW!
(02-20-2021, 10:19 PM)Sdmj33 Wrote: Are there any cheap online DBAs similar to the one offered by the UCN? I need it to have a positive WES Canada evaluation. Also, the shorter the duaration, the better. I couldnt find anything on here using the search option.

I know I'm being kind of ignorant with this but I'm not sure what you mean when you say "similar to the one offered by the UCN."  What is it about this degree that makes it different than other DBA's?
(02-23-2021, 06:25 PM)Alpha Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 10:19 PM)Sdmj33 Wrote: Are there any cheap online DBAs similar to the one offered by the UCN? I need it to have a positive WES Canada evaluation. Also, the shorter the duaration, the better. I couldnt find anything on here using the search option.

I know I'm being kind of ignorant with this but I'm not sure what you mean when you say "similar to the one offered by the UCN."  What is it about this degree that makes it different than other DBA's?

Incredibly low price ($15k) and allowing people to transfer in all credits except the dissertation (not sure if this is universal, but they seem to have no limits on it)
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(02-23-2021, 07:15 PM)Thorne Wrote: Incredibly low price ($15k) and allowing people to transfer in all credits except the dissertation (not sure if this is universal, but they seem to have no limits on it)

15K for UCN's DBA? I didn't know it was that expensive. Yeah, I'd skip that. Azteca's is as low as $5300. They weren't very professional in the dealings I had with them... oh, who am I kidding, they were extremely unprofessional, but on price that's a way better deal.
(02-23-2021, 08:02 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 07:15 PM)Thorne Wrote: Incredibly low price ($15k) and allowing people to transfer in all credits except the dissertation (not sure if this is universal, but they seem to have no limits on it)

15K for UCN's DBA? I didn't know it was that expensive. Yeah, I'd skip that. Azteca's is as low as $5300. They weren't very professional in the dealings I had with them... oh, who am I kidding, they were extremely unprofessional, but on price that's a way better deal.

$5,300?! Holy jeez. Do you happen to know if they accept the credits from ENEB/UI1?

Also, do we know what the dissertation process looks like for Azteca? I've got free time to put into studies, but a doctorate for me is basically just a hobby, lol
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DBA from EIU Paris - 2yrs total €5000 WES recognised as Doctorate? FrHaseKopf 5 308 03-17-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking Doctorate in National Security or Public Policy FireMedic_Philosopher 23 878 03-07-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  $15000 Doctorate NA ashkir 127 16,365 03-03-2024, 02:14 AM
  32-credit doctorate in systems engineer? It's possible! sanantone 3 1,756 03-03-2024, 01:32 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Universidad Azteca's new doctorate programs Kalas 8 708 02-25-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  EIMT Doctorate Program reputation EducationSeeker 8 3,390 02-16-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: sbeaty
  Online doctorate degrees Malaysia Johann1 6 840 02-08-2024, 01:52 AM
  FREE doctorate in Economy & Government (in Spanish, in Spain) Kalas 1 436 01-26-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Help me pick my next doctorate! jfitzg8876 5 870 11-07-2023, 04:47 PM
  Liberty University Doctorate DBA Rhashad 20 3,715 09-28-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess