Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Application process
Hey,

Just finished the application process for UMPI - it was real quick. I then had all my ACE credits (75 of them) sent to edocs@maine.edu. Is there something else I have to do or do I need to follow up with anyone? It just seemed a bit informal.

How long, generally, till I know that I'm accepted?
Once you complete the application and request your transcripts, you sit and wait. It will take a few weeks usually for the application to be processed and your transcripts evaluated. You'll get an email when you're accepted. You'll get an email telling you how to set up your MaineStreet account as well.
You only have 75 or so credits sent in for evaluation, you should create a spreadsheet template to keep reference and track what other courses you're going to either take or transfer into UMPI. My suggestion is to get that done so you know the entire plan, once done, continue working on your Sophia.org if you still have anything to transfer. Try to get the max transferred before starting...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-07-2022, 01:05 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Once you complete the application and request your transcripts, you sit and wait. It will take a few weeks usually for the application to be processed and your transcripts evaluated. You'll get an email when you're accepted. You'll get an email telling you how to set up your MaineStreet account as well.

Just to check, I have received an email on acceptance. I have set up the MaineStreet account and now the status is "confirmed". However, I did not receive any news of the evaluation/credit transfer email. So I just need to wait, right?
(09-27-2022, 08:31 AM)SSW Wrote:
(09-07-2022, 01:05 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Once you complete the application and request your transcripts, you sit and wait. It will take a few weeks usually for the application to be processed and your transcripts evaluated. You'll get an email when you're accepted. You'll get an email telling you how to set up your MaineStreet account as well.

Just to check, I have received an email on acceptance. I have set up the MaineStreet account and now the status is "confirmed". However, I did not receive any news of the evaluation/credit transfer email. So I just need to wait, right?

Yes, the transfer evaluation is separate from the admissions process. You'll get an email at your Maine email account and you'll get a packet in the mail. The official evaluation is printed on bright orange paper. It can take a few weeks for it to be completed. You may be able to see some of the eval in your MaineStreet account as well. I'm not sure if it will be available on there until it's completed.
where and how can I pay for it? I have qualified a activation account, however, I am still confused about some details. like when and where can I pay for the fee
(09-28-2022, 03:31 AM)zoey_ Wrote: where and how can I pay for it? I have qualified a activation account, however, I am still confused about some details. like when and where can I pay for the fee

Pay what fee?
I have also applied and been accepted to UMPI for the 2nd Fall 2022 session which has an enrollment deadline of October 4th and classes begin October 24th. 
I received the acceptance email from UMPI and set up my Maine Street account.  I have begun requesting transcripts be sent from high school and former community colleges, plus 9 credits worth of CLEP exams that I recently passed. 
My application status shows as Incomplete on Maine Street.  Is this because they haven’t received any of my transcripts yet?  They should have already received the CLEP results.
I have 41 completed Sophia credits, and just 2 more classes that I'll have finished by Oct 4th.  Should I go ahead and have my current Sophia transcript sent to UMPI now or wait until I have my last 2 Sophia classes finished?
I am taking Biology with Lab at my local community college that will be completed on October 19th, grades will be issued Nov 4th.  Once I am assigned an enrollment advisor, do I just tell them that there will be one more transcript coming in from the community college?
(09-28-2022, 08:52 AM)Claudia P Wrote: I have also applied and been accepted to UMPI for the 2nd Fall 2022 session which has an enrollment deadline of October 4th and classes begin October 24th. 
I received the acceptance email from UMPI and set up my Maine Street account.  I have begun requesting transcripts be sent from high school and former community colleges, plus 9 credits worth of CLEP exams that I recently passed. 
My application status shows as Incomplete on Maine Street.  Is this because they haven’t received any of my transcripts yet?  They should have already received the CLEP results.
I have 41 completed Sophia credits, and just 2 more classes that I'll have finished by Oct 4th.  Should I go ahead and have my current Sophia transcript sent to UMPI now or wait until I have my last 2 Sophia classes finished?
I am taking Biology with Lab at my local community college that will be completed on October 19th, grades will be issued Nov 4th.  Once I am assigned an enrollment advisor, do I just tell them that there will be one more transcript coming in from the community college?

The application status will say Incomplete until UMPI receives all of the transcripts. I would send the Sophia transcript now. You can always send another one once you complete your courses. You will need permission from your academic advisor to transfer in anymore classes once you're enrolled. Definitely talk to them about your community college course during your first meeting with them.
(09-28-2022, 09:22 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 08:52 AM)Claudia P Wrote: I have also applied and been accepted to UMPI for the 2nd Fall 2022 session which has an enrollment deadline of October 4th and classes begin October 24th. 

The application status will say Incomplete until UMPI receives all of the transcripts. I would send the Sophia transcript now. You can always send another one once you complete your courses. You will need permission from your academic advisor to transfer in anymore classes once you're enrolled. Definitely talk to them about your community college course during your first meeting with them.
Will do, and thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 3 145 6 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 105 Yesterday, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 231 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 252 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 2 123 04-19-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,479 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,427 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 465 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 341 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 314 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP