Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
UMPI & Sophia
(03-01-2021, 11:35 PM)portia8 Wrote: I was just wondering if anyone has done Bio 105? I'm not exactly sure how the the lab would work for me as I'm an intl student. Txs for any info!

I have not taken this course at UMPI. What concerns do you have about the lab? Everything should be contained in the course. I haven't taken any courses which need outside materials. I did ask about this when I applied and have confirmed this after I began my classes. Are you enrolled in the course? If you've applied and been accepted, you can ask your academic advisor about your concerns. They can put you in touch with the professors is there is a problem. 
(03-02-2021, 11:25 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 11:35 PM)portia8 Wrote: I was just wondering if anyone has done Bio 105? I'm not exactly sure how the the lab would work for me as I'm an intl student. Txs for any info!

I have not taken this course at UMPI. What concerns do you have about the lab? Everything should be contained in the course. I haven't taken any courses which need outside materials. I did ask about this when I applied and have confirmed this after I began my classes. Are you enrolled in the course? If you've applied and been accepted, you can ask your academic advisor about your concerns. They can put you in touch with the professors is there is a problem. 
I just finished emailing Jessica a moment before your reply. I'm wondering if its a physical lab that needs to be posted somewhere as I can't even begin to explain to you how compromised and disastrous our postal system is so if it is something I need to receive by mail I probably would never actually get it. Maybe I've misunderstood what lab means, I'm not enrolled in the class yet but it is on my course list so I just want to know in advance whether I can complete the requirements for the degree before i pay and enroll at umpi.
(03-02-2021, 11:32 AM)portia8 Wrote: I just finished emailing Jessica a moment before your reply. I'm wondering if its a physical lab that needs to be posted somewhere as I can't even begin to explain to you how compromised and disastrous our postal system is so if it is something I need to receive by mail I probably would never actually get it. Maybe I've misunderstood what lab means, I'm not enrolled in the class yet but it is on my course list so I just want to know in advance whether I can complete the requirements for the degree before i pay and enroll at umpi.

Everything you need to do for the courses is in the courses. You submit all of the assignments directly on the learning platform. It's all digital.  If a file is too large, we have to use a cloud storage system UMPI offers to us. You should not have to mail anything anywhere. 
(03-02-2021, 11:42 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 11:32 AM)portia8 Wrote: I just finished emailing Jessica a moment before your reply. I'm wondering if its a physical lab that needs to be posted somewhere as I can't even begin to explain to you how compromised and disastrous our postal system is so if it is something I need to receive by mail I probably would never actually get it. Maybe I've misunderstood what lab means, I'm not enrolled in the class yet but it is on my course list so I just want to know in advance whether I can complete the requirements for the degree before i pay and enroll at umpi.

Everything you need to do for the courses is in the courses. You submit all of the assignments directly on the learning platform. It's all digital.  If a file is too large, we have to use a cloud storage system UMPI offers to us. You should not have to mail anything anywhere. 
Oh gosh wow, my email to Jessica is totally redundant then I feel bad for asking her a nonsense question my goodness. Thank you so much for your reply ugh next time I should really just have more patience. Thats my mistake.
(03-02-2021, 11:43 AM)portia8 Wrote:

Oh gosh wow, my email to Jessica is totally redundant then I feel bad for asking her a nonsense question my goodness. Thank you so much for your reply ugh next time I should really just have more patience. Thats my mistake.

No worries! Smile
(03-02-2021, 11:43 AM)portia8 Wrote:

Your question totally makes sense, though. SL's science labs do require physical lab kits to be mailed to you. But TEL Learning expects you to provide your own supplies (which may or may not be easy to source locally) and SDC has digital labs. Everyone does things differently.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I need to do HUM 105 and I'm curious how it is too honestly.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA

Let us know what Jessica says though. It will be helpful for others. It doesn't look like anyone one here has taken the class yet.

(03-02-2021, 01:37 PM)ashkir Wrote: I need to do HUM 105 and I'm curious how it is too honestly.

What's HUM105?
Sorry meant BIO 105
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
(03-02-2021, 11:22 PM)ashkir Wrote: Sorry meant BIO 105

Oh I forgot you still needed that lab science. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 179 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 239 Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 168 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 148 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 287 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 281 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Bus 150 - Sophia didn't transfer layermonkey 5 306 04-19-2024, 03:17 PM
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,552 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,460 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 493 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1