Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
UMPI
I was accepted today. I start in January. Yay!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • rachel83az
(11-20-2020, 12:02 PM)ashkir Wrote: I was accepted today. I start in January. Yay!!

Congratulations! Welcome to UMPI!
(11-20-2020, 08:12 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 12:02 PM)ashkir Wrote: I was accepted today. I start in January. Yay!!

Thanks. You are what made me want to go with them from your honest experience with them. TESU and Charter Oak are a nightmare to talk to. UMPI is amazing to talk to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • ss20ts
(11-20-2020, 09:27 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 08:12 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Thanks. You are what made me want to go with them from your honest experience with them. TESU and Charter Oak are a nightmare to talk to. UMPI is amazing to talk to.

I'm really glad their ADA office came through for you! Welcome to the Owls!
I finished my first term at UMPI and I love it!! Everyone is so nice and try and help you. I only completed two courses because I didn’t have a lot of time and I was lazy but I think I will try and do more next term. I don’t mind though because I was able to get financial aid and they paid for everything and they even sent me 99 dollars in a check. So I made money to go to school lol. I’m going to be doing Sophia courses this winter break before next term to knock out some general requirements I need.

The assignments at the end weren’t bad at all to do either. And I was so scared when I sent my rough drafts but they said great work in the replies. I really prefer this format over normal courses and having to read textbooks. I feel like I learnt a lot too.
(12-13-2020, 01:16 PM)missbootyfull Wrote: I finished my first term at UMPI and I love it!! Everyone is so nice and try and help you. I only completed two courses because I didn’t have a lot of time and I was lazy but I think I will try and do more next term. I don’t mind though because I was able to get financial aid and they paid for everything and they even sent me 99 dollars in a check. So I made money to go to school lol. I’m going to be doing Sophia courses this winter break before next term to knock out some general requirements I need.

The assignments at the end weren’t bad at all to do either. And I was so scared when I sent my rough drafts but they said great work in the replies. I really prefer this format over normal courses and having to read textbooks. I feel like I learnt a lot too.
Great to hear. Which degree are you pursuing? How was grading of ur papers?
(12-13-2020, 01:40 PM)Cofffeee Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 01:16 PM)missbootyfull Wrote: I finished my first term at UMPI and I love it!! Everyone is so nice and try and help you. I only completed two courses because I didn’t have a lot of time and I was lazy but I think I will try and do more next term. I don’t mind though because I was able to get financial aid and they paid for everything and they even sent me 99 dollars in a check. So I made money to go to school lol. I’m going to be doing Sophia courses this winter break before next term to knock out some general requirements I need.

I don’t think they are too hard on the grading. I am not the best writer but they said great work on the drafts I sent. I haven’t got back my final yet. I’ll update when I do. I think I might work on my drafts while going through the course next time so the information is fresh in my mind. Originally it was bacherlors liberal studies with accounting minor but I’m changing to accounting instead.
Great. Writing is hardest part for me too. So it good to hear they r reasonable with it. Good luck . Please update on the final grading
(12-13-2020, 01:40 PM)Cofffeee Wrote:

We don't receive a grade on our papers until the end of the term when grades are posted. We can see our scores on the grading rubric, but that is not our grade.
I see. I am choosing between TESU and UMPI. There are pros and cons in 2. Its haaaarrrd to choose

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,343 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 425 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 306 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 283 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 407 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,509 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 325 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 306 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 342 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 1,022 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567