Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
UMPI
(12-13-2020, 03:25 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I see. I am choosing between TESU and UMPI. There are pros and cons in 2. Its haaaarrrd to choose

Which degree program are you considering? What are you transferring in? I can tell you that UMPI isn't extremely difficult in my experience. I took 4 courses in my first term and 8 in my second term (I took 7 weeks to complete the 8 courses not even the full 8 weeks). A term is 8 weeks long. It is all competency based and you are 100% on your own schedule. You just need to complete 2 courses each term if you're a full time student. I find this set up much easier than hunting all over for courses and hoping they get accepted by the school. I also don't have to worry about the UL reqs because UMPI offers every course needed to complete each degree. UMPI is pretty generous with transfer credit too. You can apply for free and see what they say about your transcripts also.
I was planning to go for ComSci and Psychology degree and Associate in Math with TESU but it will cost around 7 000$. UMPI will be cheaper if i work full time on it . I will probably finish in 2 terms. The only disadvantage is amount of writing it will include. English is not my 1st language so academic writing in big quantity is a challenge
(12-13-2020, 05:05 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I was planning to go for ComSci and Psychology degree and Associate in Math with TESU but it will cost around 7 000$. UMPI will be cheaper if i work full time on it . I will probably finish in 2 terms. The only disadvantage is amount of writing it will include. English is not my 1st language so academic writing in big quantity is a challenge

UMPI doesn't offer any of those degrees. 

https://online.umpi.edu/
If UMPI did offer CS, I probably would go there instead of TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Holmes
It would be a gift if they did. UMPI had psycology major. But its not there anymore. It could be MIS, project Management and Leadership minors for me with the current degrees offered
(12-13-2020, 06:19 PM)rachel83az Wrote: If UMPI did offer CS, I probably would go there instead of TESU.

On campus they don't even offer a CS degree. They received a federal grant and in January about a dozen students will start the new on campus CS program that's offered as a combo between 2 University of Maine schools. The learning platform that UMPI uses doesn't offer a CS degree as far as I can see. I've done some research on the learning platform and it looks like they already offer all of the bachelor's degrees the platform offers. It's not their own platform like WGU. It's also a VERy small school with about 1,400 on campus students in normal times.

(12-13-2020, 06:25 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: It would be a gift if they did. UMPI had psycology major. But its not there anymore. It could be MIS, project Management and Leadership minors for me with the current degrees offered

I haven't seen a psych degree from them over the last year. There is a BA in Business Administration with a Project Management or Management and Leadership concentration and a BLS with a Project Management, Management Information Systems, or Management minors. In January, the new MA in Organizational Leadership begins.
Good thing even its a small school i saw them on the list of WES Canada. While i didnt find any of "Big 3" there?
I was wondering where I can find information on what transfer credits UMPI accepts? I have DSST, CLEPS, and ACE/NCCRS credits.. I tried looking but didn't find any

Thanks!

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science
https://online.umpi.edu/

(12-17-2020, 06:31 AM)elenlushk Wrote: I was wondering where I can find information on what transfer credits UMPI accepts? I have DSST, CLEPS, and ACE/NCCRS credits.. I tried looking but didn't find any

Thanks!

They accept ACE and CLEP. You must complete 30 credits at UMPI.

https://www.umpi.edu/academics/prior-lea...ssessment/
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
(12-17-2020, 01:59 PM)ss20ts Wrote: https://online.umpi.edu/

(12-17-2020, 06:31 AM)elenlushk Wrote: I was wondering where I can find information on what transfer credits UMPI accepts? I have DSST, CLEPS, and ACE/NCCRS credits.. I tried looking but didn't find any

Thanks!

They accept ACE and CLEP. You must complete 30 credits at UMPI.

https://www.umpi.edu/academics/prior-lea...ssessment/

Were you able to work on transfer credits and add them into your degree after you had already started a session at UMPI? I'm still taking outside courses aiming for the TESU degree, but to be honest I'm also looking at UMPI as an option.

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 0 23 5 hours ago
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 2 69 9 hours ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 0 37 10 hours ago
Last Post: valentvne
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,205 Yesterday, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,369 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 435 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 320 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 289 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 419 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,949 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78