Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uexcel Exams
score reports

During the beta-testing phase, no grades will be reported while we gather data sufficient to do statistical analysis and provide grade information. Upon completion, your examination will appear as “Taken” on the UExcel Web site. Your grade will be available on the UExcel Web site when official grades are available in Fall 2008.

i dont like that at all
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009
That is only during the FREE beta, for people like me who have to pay for exams, that is a big deal!
gcalvin,

I am in Whitby, Ontario about 30 miles from Toronto; I haven't ruled out driving to NY for DSST's.

Zefrench,

I called Talpiot College on Monday and was basically told that I'd have to be a student there to be able to schedule DSST's. I'll try calling Trios College and see if I can schedule DSST's with them.

The thing is I need 5 Lower Level credits and 17 Upper Level Social Science/History and Humanities. Now the lower level credits must include the WER which means if I did 12 credits of French I could only use 2 to fulfill the requirement and besides my French is not quite up there, if you know what I mean.

And what is OPI?

Otherwise, thanks for your input
BS Liberal Arts, Excelsior College
OPI is a verbal French exam, probably not suitable to your scenario.

I would not call Trios directly but rather call DSST to get the name of the person at Trios that knows about DSST.

I would also call DSST and mention Talpiot told you you had to be a student.

I found that worked best.
Thanks Zefrench,

Just curious, whereabouts in Canada are you? Seems like you have taken some CLEP's and DSST's without problems.

I called DSST today at 1-877-471-9860, followed the prompts, got the usual wait-in-line-for-your-turn message which was followed by the phone ringing for what seemed like an eternity, no one picked it up. I guess I'll have to try some other time or day, perhaps, but right now I'll just call Trios and see if I can locate the person who deals with DSST's.

Thanks again.
I just got off the phone with Trios, I need to provide the Exam numbers to complete scheduling, looks like with Trios I should be able to do a couple of DSST's as early as next week.
Degreeasap, I am in Nova Scotia near Halifax, but I fly to Bermuda on regular business and have taken a few CLEP and DSST there. It is not very convinient thus why I am doing ALEKS, ICCP, and PENN FOSTER.

I am trying to get a CLEP test center setup nearby, it is a lot of work. I will inform anyone on the process when I am done.

Did you talk to someone at a particular number?
Did you just ask for DSST exams?
Do they have Internet Based Testing or paper exams ?
Zefrench,

I called the Trios number listed on one of your posts and talked to a lady named Saskia. I specifically asked for DSST exams and proceeded to schedule Civil War and Rise and Fall of USSR but couldn't complete the scheduling as I didn't have the exam numbers with me so I will have to call again tomorrow and complete the scheduling.

I will ask about Internet Based and Paper based testing options when I call tomorrow.
OK, so I've signed my son up for the Calculus 4 credit and Physics 6 credit exams. He's currently enrolled in an online Calculus course from LSU, but this looks like a solid backup just in case. He says the Physics looks very doable (to him, not me).

BTW the Political Science looks very, very doable (to me, not him).

If you register for each test individually, and use the promo code then it is indeed free. Smile

He'll take the tests July 29th....I'll keep you posted.

BTW thank you very much for posting about this FREE exam offer!!!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
I am taking psychology July 25 and physics july 25 also. I entered in the promo code and final cost is $0.00. I figure even if I fail, so what. I do not need a psych credit because I am already in psych, but its free. Physics, I gota study for that one. It has been a few years since I have done anything in physics. I took physics in HS duel enrollment. Then there was an issue. The HS teacher the local community college had been let teach it, they wouldnt anymore. They decided his Doctorate in Natural Science was not enough to teach general Physics I and II with lab, They told us this 3 weeks into the HS class. So we had the choice to change classes or stay in for no credit.

I just got some books and I am prepping. Free is free. I cannot pass it up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,393 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,755 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TESU Help planning exams for ASNSM in Computer Science theveganmaker 3 1,537 07-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: theveganmaker
  TESU/ACE/Microsoft Exams AwardTour 10 2,938 07-13-2018, 11:48 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,615 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 8,888 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
  UExcel exams Llgdavis 4 1,956 03-14-2018, 05:02 PM
  UExcel & ACE?? a2jc4life 5 1,663 01-26-2018, 06:16 PM
  TCEP / UEXCEL question jb111 5 1,909 01-16-2018, 03:14 PM
  Does it matter what Clep exams I take? Keshi 4 1,395 01-14-2018, 08:15 PM
Last Post: cookderosa