Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upset over the Institutes Insurance Ethics Course
(10-30-2018, 10:37 AM)davewill Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 01:47 AM)Supermind Wrote: Is this a different ethics course offered by CPCU? Or the free course that many of us here have attempted. I am like many others here- I have close to zero understanding of this field. But I guess I managed to clear the test in a single attempt because it is an open book exam. I could refer to the notes.

Same course. It's not offered by the CPUC, it's about CPUC material. The course is offered by the Instititutes.

https://www.theinstitutes.org/guide/onli...urses-free

Oh yes. Sorry.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Read this thread this morning.
Just finished institutes exam with a 66%.
Thanks for the encouragement, I'll take it again tomorrow morning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • katelynn
(10-31-2018, 11:29 PM)natshar Wrote: Read this thread this morning.
Just finished institutes exam with a 66%.
Thanks for the encouragement, I'll take it again tomorrow morning.

Remember, don't stress or you'll overthink it! You'll get it in time, we all did and so will you. If it doesn't happen the second time either then it's no biggie. As long as you have the time to keep re-taking it, it's worth the free credit. Smile
Do we get unlimited retakes?
(10-31-2018, 11:57 PM)natshar Wrote: Do we get unlimited retakes?

It's been a while for me, but I don't remember seeing a limit. I took it 5 or 6 times.
I have done this test over and over and can’t pass it what an I doing wrong? Help
I kept other browser tabs open and ctrl + f. I got a 70 first try. Undecided
(12-14-2019, 11:56 AM)Pau1929 Wrote: I have done this test over and over and can’t pass it what an I doing wrong? Help

(12-14-2019, 05:46 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote: I kept other browser tabs open and ctrl + f. I got a 70 first try. Undecided

Yes, that's right - for all the FREE & non proctored courses from Sophia/TEEX/etc, I usually have the pdf and other course materials open to search the answers.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-05-2018, 05:59 PM)katelynn Wrote: Guys... I'm genuinely really upset and need to vent. I spent a whole day and a half studying for the Institutes Insurance Ethics course. I know a lot of you guys said you finished it in a couple hours, but I wanted to feel certain I knew the material before attempting a test. I made a Word document of all the key information I thought I would need. I then spent 2 and a half hours on the test, all to end up with 68%. I feel so discouraged because that's such a close score, yet not close enough. I put in so much more effort than the average student on here invests into that course, and still failed. Could it be for my lack of knowledge about insurance in general? I'm only 20 years old and have no clue about any of it. Why does it seem so easy for everyone else on here? No part of me wants to spend another 2 hours on this test. Should I just guess my way through until I pass? I know it'd be foolish to pass up free credit, but I need advice on how to go about it for my second attempt. Thanks.

Where did you take this class?  Will it count as an ethics course at TESC?

(07-05-2018, 05:59 PM)katelynn Wrote: Guys... I'm genuinely really upset and need to vent. I spent a whole day and a half studying for the Institutes Insurance Ethics course. I know a lot of you guys said you finished it in a couple hours, but I wanted to feel certain I knew the material before attempting a test. I made a Word document of all the key information I thought I would need. I then spent 2 and a half hours on the test, all to end up with 68%. I feel so discouraged because that's such a close score, yet not close enough. I put in so much more effort than the average student on here invests into that course, and still failed. Could it be for my lack of knowledge about insurance in general? I'm only 20 years old and have no clue about any of it. Why does it seem so easy for everyone else on here? No part of me wants to spend another 2 hours on this test. Should I just guess my way through until I pass? I know it'd be foolish to pass up free credit, but I need advice on how to go about it for my second attempt. Thanks.
Can someone please give specifics to the exact exam and location to where I can attempt this exam?  I need an ethics course and this looks like it is right up my alley.
This course was by far the worst out of everything I have taken thus far.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrighterFuture88's post:
  • Michelle779

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia - New Business Ethics Course lumina 14 3,154 10-25-2023, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Sherwood
  PHI-400 Managerial Ethics (Equivalency Only) mog538 0 337 02-22-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Sophia - Intro to Ethics ss20ts 25 6,323 09-15-2022, 08:12 PM
Last Post: RhondaG
  The Institutes and Credley a_dblu 4 940 07-26-2021, 12:02 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Institutes - Ethics 312: Missing Acclaim badge question answered BadBradsBBQ 10 2,007 03-25-2021, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Old Guy
  Need UL Ethics Course Credit mrskitty 11 1,509 09-23-2020, 08:13 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  SDC UL Computer Science & Management Ethics Course Sequence vanglorious 5 921 08-27-2020, 03:55 PM
Last Post: vanglorious
  The Institutes 22gunsonfire 25 3,502 05-29-2020, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Old Guy
  List of ACE-certified courses available through The Institutes ctcarl 3 1,038 05-28-2020, 12:11 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  The Institutes Ethics - 2 courses? cwendy111 10 3,380 03-19-2020, 04:35 PM
Last Post: TheAlternativeBachelor