Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
XAMK
A bit of a follow-up I saw that @rachel83az had posted about acei-global, so I called and verified that they will in fact accept XAMK's ToR authenticated transcript. I for whatever reason didn't see her reply until recently, so I spent a long time calling the other evaluation services.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app

(01-14-2021, 09:47 AM)rachel83az Wrote: ECE does have the option to send documents yourself, yes. As long as the XAMK document has the verification URL, I would think that ECE would be able to deal with it.
ECE, EEI, and a few more said "No" lol it was the most trying time ever. Last time I volunteer to do this

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 2 users Like ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az
Do Finnish people never need to get their credentials evaluated for the US? I can't imagine why someone from Finland would willingly pay thousands for a degree that they could get for free at home... but it's also possible that a Finnish person might want a degree that's not available in Finland. So... like... this process seems excessively convoluted.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I couldn't tell you. This whole process gave me a headache, but I am happy it's been figured out. I took quite a few of the free courses and so I'll be able to see how the game courses, the neuroscience courses and some of the business courses (one is supposed to be a Master's class) after all this is said and done. An added bonus no one else has to go through that

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

I think I signed up for a Master's course, too! I can't remember.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger with ACEI. Let's see how this goes they say 7-10 business days, so the countdown starts Monday.

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • rachel83az
Fingers crossed!
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
I've a couple of courses set to begin in May. Enrolled in one, but when I try to use the enrollment key for the other it says "incorrect enrollment key". 

I'm wondering if the course that popped up in my search is just an old one and the new one isn't up yet. Does that sound right, for a course that begins in a week to not be available for enrollment yet?
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
(04-26-2021, 02:15 PM)StoicJ Wrote: I've a couple of courses set to begin in May. Enrolled in one, but when I try to use the enrollment key for the other it says "incorrect enrollment key". 

I'm wondering if the course that popped up in my search is just an old one and the new one isn't up yet. Does that sound right, for a course that begins in a week to not be available for enrollment yet?
That sounds right to me. I have only ever been able to enroll in a course once it starts, or maybe a day before if I remember correctly. I have never been able to enroll in advance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wow's post:
  • StoicJ
(04-26-2021, 02:15 PM)StoicJ Wrote: I've a couple of courses set to begin in May. Enrolled in one, but when I try to use the enrollment key for the other it says "incorrect enrollment key". 

It depends on the class/teacher. My Finnish for Beginners class doesn't start until May but I was able to enroll in it today and start completing assignments. I have a couple other classes starting on the 2nd-5th that either aren't available or aren't open yet. It's normal.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • StoicJ
So after 9 days...I received an email to let me know the evaluation was completed and sent to TESU today. Well I was supposed to have an unofficial copy attached for me, but accidents happen ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 484 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  XAMK- video game creation help Personherebb9 2 674 08-08-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: flosfillin
  Finnish Universities (XAMK etc.) (incl. CS/IT courses!) sarahmac 32 7,668 06-16-2023, 02:38 PM
Last Post: wow
  Getting HAKA access with Xamk? freddiebear 12 2,167 06-01-2023, 12:44 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 973 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 62 7,432 04-23-2022, 02:32 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  can't log in to XAMK Learn wow 3 828 04-14-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Details on XAMK Courses? bdarei 7 1,287 04-02-2022, 05:56 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  XAMK Tourism Diploma rachel83az 21 4,093 10-17-2021, 07:18 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Free XAMK online courses for college credits? nomaduser 27 4,781 01-05-2021, 11:28 AM
Last Post: nomaduser