Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
in 2017 I gave up on this before I even started. Now I'm serious, but I need help.
I'm going to be going with TESU. 

I want to dual major. My question is that at TESU many of these bachelors of Science degrees have the same credits listed. Take these two examples. 

https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/finance

https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/entrepreneurship

I'd like a degree in finance and a degree in administration or management or marketing as for a career I would like to be a budget analyst. 

Furthermore, how much of this can be done on study.com. I'm working a job that gives me a lot of free time so I'm wanting to get as much done as I can over the next few months. 

I am the furthest thing from a college student. I dropped out three times between the ages of 18-21 and I'm about to be 27 in a few months. I don't know how to navigate my way around a college campus. let alone make a plan. I need some guidance. Do any of you have a group or discord chat I can be a part of so I can bother you when I'm stuck??
You're on the right track coming onto this board and asking questions. There isn't a group chat per say, but I have many people have me on their WeChat/WhatsApp and others just PM me on this forum or the sister forum. You can get all your required courses completed through Study.com and the other alternative methods without stepping out of the house. Trust me, I've done so many plans, it is an easy and straight forward process if you don't over think things.

My suggestion is, you are looking at a BSBA with a double AOS, it's just one degree but two Area of Studies. Finance can be done entirely using alternative methods, the Entrepreneurship may require one or more courses transferred in elsewhere. You may want to do a search for BSBA Entrepreneurship and see if dfrecore has a plan made up for it...

It would be easier if you take two of the few concentrations that are fully test-outable. General Management, Marketing, Accounting, CIS, HRM, Hospitality there maybe more if Study.com has extra UL courses. The only difference between the degree you have asked about is the Area Of Concentration, you can pick two from their list.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-06-2019, 01:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You're on the right track coming onto this board and asking questions.  There isn't a group chat per say, but I have many people have me on their WeChat/WhatsApp and others just PM me on this forum or the sister forum.  You can get all your required courses completed through Study.com and the other alternative methods without stepping out of the house.  Trust me, I've done so many plans, it is an easy and straight forward process if you don't over think things.  

My suggestion is, you are looking at a BSBA with a double AOS, it's just one degree but two Area of Studies.  Finance can be done entirely using alternative methods, the Entrepreneurship may require one or more courses transferred in elsewhere.  You may want to do a search for BSBA Entrepreneurship and see if dfrecore has a plan made up for it...  

It would be easier if you take two of the few concentrations that are fully test-outable. General Management, Marketing, Accounting, CIS, HRM, Hospitality there maybe more if Study.com has extra UL courses.   The only difference between the degree you have asked about is the Area Of Concentration, you can pick two from their list.

What courses can be completed completely through Study.com?!?!?! If it is possible why do people go through celp tests and etc. 

I don't see any posts or plans regarding Entrepreneurship. However, I did some research on the degree itself and now I'm not very conviced it will help me achieve my goals. I'm looking for a finance degree + a business management degree. Any suggestions would be great. 

Also when you say one degree with two areas of study what do you mean? How could that be presented to an employer. I'd like to say "I have a degree in this and a degree in that". If that makes sense. Regardless of how it's presented lets say I wanted to dual major in management and finance. I could use the same credits for both classes and then take the extra 10-15 credits to specialize in the other and I would be done right??
At TESU, a BSBA w/concentration is ok, but not critical. I would get the BSBA that can be done quickly.

Per the other post you made, I'd also consider COSC, but WGU would really be my #1 choice.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The reason for the same credits listed is because those degrees are both in Business Administration. Most US schools make you take similar classes that are required for that degree. Classes such as microeconomics, macroeconomics, accounting, business writing and others are classes that you would normally take for a Business Administration degree regardless of concentration.
TESU takes a max of 90 credits from Study.com, so that is one reason why someone might do credits elsewhere. Another reason is that CLEP exams are completely free through Modern States, and some people like to just take an exam and be done, especially if they have prior knowledge. Instead of taking like 100 quizzes through Study.com then taking the Study.com final.

If you do the TESU degree with two concentrations, you would tell your employer that you have a BSBA with concentrations in General Management and Finance. Concentrations are not the same as majors, but similar.

And the GM concentration is not a "management" concentration. Instead, it is a bunch of different credits. You need at least 3 areas covered out of 4 (Accounting, Marketing, Management and Finance). GM is kind of general degree, Finance would be a better option if that's where your interest lies.

I still say that TESU is not the best option. Look at WGU and COSC.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-06-2019, 07:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote: And the GM concentration is not a "management" concentration.  Instead, it is a bunch of different credits.  You need at least 3 areas covered out of 4 (Accounting, Marketing, Management and Finance).  GM is kind of general degree, Finance would be a better option if that's where your interest lies.

I still say that TESU is not the best option.  Look at WGU and COSC.
Okay thanks dfrecore. I will look into WGU and COSC also I've realized that testing out of credits is very valuable to me if I want to get this done quickly so I will be taking as many celp exams as I can. Any particular reason for recommending WGU or COSC over TESU?

(05-06-2019, 07:47 PM)Ideas Wrote: TESU takes a max of 90 credits from Study.com, so that is one reason why someone might do credits elsewhere. Another reason is that CLEP exams are completely free through Modern States, and some people like to just take an exam and be done, especially if they have prior knowledge. Instead of taking like 100 quizzes through Study.com then taking the Study.com final.

If you do the TESU degree with two concentrations, you would tell your employer that you have a BSBA with concentrations in General Management and Finance. Concentrations are not the same as majors, but similar.

I see. Yes. I am definitely going to be testing out of credits. I thought you could knock out courses on study.com quickly but it turns out they are full courses.
(05-06-2019, 10:26 PM)David.Hamad Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 07:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote: And the GM concentration is not a "management" concentration.  Instead, it is a bunch of different credits.  You need at least 3 areas covered out of 4 (Accounting, Marketing, Management and Finance).  GM is kind of general degree, Finance would be a better option if that's where your interest lies.

I still say that TESU is not the best option.  Look at WGU and COSC.
Okay thanks dfrecore. I will look into WGU and COSC also I've realized that testing out of credits is very valuable to me if I want to get this done quickly so I will be taking as many celp exams as I can. Any particular reason for recommending WGU or COSC over TESU?

COSC is cheaper than TESU by $2000.  WGU is probably faster, but also cheaper if you finish in 1-2 terms.
Davar Academy is good for testing out of business courses. Some do require papers. But note that they are only NCCRS not ACE. ACE credits have more schools that accept them.

COSC is that much cheaper now? Wow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Why People Take SO LONG to Get Started? LevelUP 13 1,734 03-05-2022, 02:12 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Getting started with BALS (Template Q&A) CiggyTardust 24 4,891 12-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Big Grin Desperately Need Help To Get Started Risingstar 12 2,258 10-18-2019, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Risingstar
  MOOCs you've done or started, and your opinion of them Ideas 16 2,556 03-10-2018, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  2017 Pass Rates cookderosa 25 16,308 12-22-2017, 08:24 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  The $2,725 Regionally Accredited B.S. Degree on 12.15.2017 Life Long Learning 3 1,732 12-16-2017, 11:07 PM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  It's 2017 Income Tax Time and I have a question High_Order1 27 8,796 06-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Last Post: icampy
  I started new job and need help choosing a quick degree for advancement Jtatum2701 35 4,159 05-20-2017, 08:34 AM
  NEW (higher) CLEP EXAM FEE, effective July 1st 2017 MD_AJIBULU 6 2,403 03-23-2017, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MD_AJIBULU
  New GED 2017 (After May 2017) shamin 0 1,047 01-26-2017, 08:33 PM
Last Post: shamin