Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ron Paul Launches Homeschool Curriculum
#9
topdog98 Wrote:Some research on homeschooling graduates that attend college:

"Bivariate analyses showed the homeschooled students (26.5) reported a significantly higher ACT-Composite score when compared to the overall cohort (25.0), and the home educated (14.7) earned more college credit prior to their freshman year when compared to the overall population (6.0). Home-educated students (3.37) earned a significantly higher fall semester GPA when compared to the overall cohort (3.08). Further, homeschooled students (3.41) earned a higher first-year GPA compared to the overall group (3.12). Finally, the home educated (3.46) earned a significantly higher fourth-year GPA when compared to the freshman cohort (3.16). And the home educated achieved a higher graduation rate (66.7 percent) when compared to the overall population (57.5 percent)."

(Dr. Michael Cogan, director of the Office of Institutional Research and Analysis at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota)

For those interested, here is some research concerning those students in grade school. http://www.hslda.org/docs/study/comp2001...vement.pdf

When I have children, I might homeschool them, but I definitely will not be using a politically slanted curriculum. My goal will be to expose my children to everything. There was so much I didn't learn about minority Americans in history; and, unfortunately, Texas is taking even more minority history out of the curriculum. There was also a lot I wasn't taught about Texas history. It was like I was taught a watered-down, Disney version.
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Ron Paul Launches Homeschool Curriculum - by sanantone - 08-09-2013, 01:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft launches the new Bing, with ChatGPT 4 built in LevelUP 1 1,852 02-10-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  Modern Languages Launches Online Language Courses LevelUP 0 1,438 07-23-2022, 11:09 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Company develops its own MBA curriculum and offers it to employees MNomadic 2 2,096 07-03-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  HomeSchool HighSchool Transcript Template bjcheung77 7 4,512 06-15-2017, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  homeschool resources for middle schooler with dyslexia & memory problems rvm 17 8,916 04-18-2017, 12:43 PM
Last Post: originalamyj
  calling Homeschool families cookderosa 49 14,209 08-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Westerner
  homeschool teens and parents wanted! cookderosa 1 1,692 07-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  virtual study group for homeschool parents cookderosa 6 2,945 01-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Julie S.
  Grant Legal Status to Romeikes-Homeschool Petition TayTay 17 6,039 04-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Homeschool 4th Grade Curriculum Questions... mrs.b 21 6,861 04-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Last Post: mrs.b

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)