Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2016-17 Tuition and Fees
Prloko Wrote:You may want to revisit the COSC costs. According to some links I pulled up recently, there are required concentrations in their BSBA. The courses look like courses you will have to take and do not have many alternatives to transfer in.

https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ration.cfm

This is not really correct, especially if you do the General Business concentration. In that case, really any upper level business course/exam will work. Those listed are just examples (notice "may include"), so even in the other business concentrations, like Project Management, Human Resources, and Organizational Management, you could probably use alternate sources, such as exams from CSU Global.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
This is just what I was looking for. Thanks KayV!
KayV Wrote:Sorry for being snappy. My right leg/ foot have three fractures and two hyperextended PCLs and I can't take pain relievers. Trying to make do with alternating ice and TENS units.

I am putting together a bunch of COSC concentrations based on test-out options in an effort to distract myself.

COSC says that the tuition calculator is based on 2015-16, but the actual numbers they run coincided with 2016-17 rates. I thought that was odd too.

Also, when you click on Literature as an area of concentration, it gives a 404 error, so I guess they've gotten rid of it.

No offense taken. I realized my tone was a bit harsh; which was not my intent.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
topdog98 Wrote:This is not really correct, especially if you do the General Business concentration. In that case, really any upper level business course/exam will work. Those listed are just examples (notice "may include"), so even in the other business concentrations, like Project Management, Human Resources, and Organizational Management, you could probably use alternate sources, such as exams from CSU Global.

Is this confirmed?
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
I am confused about the proper order of actions needed to make this happen.
Would appreciate any insights.

Let's say I am in for the TESC BSBA...
What are the steps and how should we order them so that we can get this done with the minimal costs?

-Applying to the college (Should I tell them my plans? Anything I need to say? Any program I need to sign up for?)
-Taking the tests (how will we know which tests to take? And from which source?)
-Transferring credits (Is that something we do once we pass a test? Do we submit some kind of completion certificate to the college and they count it towards the degree?)
-etc...
These are the steps I have discerned so far. Am I correct? Are there more? Is this the best order to do them in?
Does the 2812 include the costs of the tests or are those just the fees TESC will charge? What are the other costs I should expect to pay?

I am ready to make this happen for both me and my wife.
Neither of us have been to college but we are disciplined autodidacts and excellent test takers. There is no reason we shouldn't get a degree with programs like this in place.
I am available 24/7 to discuss as this is our top priority Smile
Thanks to everyone who's blazed a trail for us,
Michael
Newbie here - I'm trying to read as much as a I can about the cost difference between the Big 3 as well. I have these questions too that I would like some feedback on as well. I hope we get an answer on this. Thanks.
MChavez Wrote:I am confused about the proper order of actions needed to make this happen.

What are the steps and how should we order them so that we can get this done with the minimal costs?

-Applying to the college (Should I tell them my plans? Anything I need to say? Any program I need to sign up for?)
-Taking the tests (how will we know which tests to take? And from which source?)
-Transferring credits (Is that something we do once we pass a test? Do we submit some kind of completion certificate to the college and they count it towards the degree?)
-etc...
These are the steps I have discerned so far. Am I correct? Are there more? Is this the best order to do them in?
Does the 2812 include the costs of the tests or are those just the fees TESC will charge? What are the other costs I should expect to pay?

Neither of us have been to college but we are disciplined autodidacts and excellent test takers. There is no reason we shouldn't get a degree with programs like this in place.
Michael

Newbie here - I'm trying to read as much as a I can about the cost difference between the Big 3 as well. I have these questions too that I would like some feedback on as well. I hope we get an answer on this. Thanks.
MChavez Wrote:I am confused about the proper order of actions needed to make this happen.

-etc...

Michael

Here's your best place to start: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...llege.html

If you read it, as well as start reading the posts here, you could be up and running in about 2 weeks. I think that's how long it takes to really figure this stuff out.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for that. I liked reading it and it answered some of my questions:
How do credits transfer- have an ACE account and bank the credits there as you complete them. Is that correct?
Are the fees listed additional to the tests: Yes, the fees listed are just school fees. Is that correct?

Unanswered questions:
How do we determine which tests correspond to which classes? That's the next part of the puzzle that eludes me.
I understand that we look as the schools required classes for the degree we wish to obtain, but how do we determine which tests will satisfy those classes?
Anyone that can answer my questions please contact me. Can compensate you for your expertise.
best,
Michael
I sent you a PM.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  July 2018 current fees at the Big 3 dfrecore 70 12,956 09-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Last Post: KawJa
  Addressing Concerns of Out-of-State Tuition UnbreakablyDetermined 17 3,752 08-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,267 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - Study.com Tuition Discount mrshill818 27 7,555 02-26-2018, 12:24 PM
  TESU Graduation and OOS Waiver Fees Toastmaster 5 3,481 01-24-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  2016 TESU BALS YXJeff 11 3,346 01-10-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: YXJeff
  Looking for a new working copy of the TESU 2016 BSBA GenMan.xlsx Mgrand90 5 1,563 06-25-2017, 03:00 PM
  COSC Degree Plans 2016-2017 KayV 36 4,236 04-14-2017, 11:35 AM
Last Post: icampy
  Is TESU'as Deadline to Submit Application, Fees and Official Transcripts....... Toastmaster 8 1,609 04-13-2017, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  2016-2017 TESU BSBA: General Management - Degree Plan spectra 8 2,527 02-25-2017, 09:23 PM