Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance Ethics course extended!
From Temarsha in the Off Topic section:

I was just informed that the free Institutes credit for Ethics 312 was extended until March 31, 2019. They are reviewing for a further extension as well.
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Murdockb
Can you tell me where exactly these are located? I went to https://www.theinstitutes.org/guide/ethi...fessionals and there appears to be 2 courses or materials you order? What exactly is the process. Forgive me if its posted somewhere else here.
Go to the institutes and choose “study material” at top of page. Last choice in drop down is ethics course. When the new page opens “order now” second choice.
(02-11-2019, 06:18 PM)Clepper43 Wrote: Can you tell me where exactly these are located? I went to https://www.theinstitutes.org/guide/ethi...fessionals and there appears to be 2 courses or materials you order? What exactly is the process. Forgive me if its posted somewhere else here.
From the Wiki (https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit )
The American Institute For Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (commonly referred to as "The Institutes") offer a free ethics course that is ACE recommended for 2 credits.
  • 312N-H Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct (2 credits) - an upper level ethics/philosophy course that meet's TESU's General Education "ethics" requirement (you might have to ask for an exception to be made for the last credit, but typically this is automatically granted. The 3rd credit is to be made up as a general ed elective).
To signup, use the following link: http://www.theinstitutes.org/comet/learning_modules/cpcu_ethics.htm
Select the FREE option. You should not do the $5 option. The paid option is for "Continuing Education credit," which is different than college credit. The free version is ACE approved for college credit.
i keep reading about this class counting for tesu ethics req.
so I'm clear u go to the links, sign up for the free ethics option... what about materials for the class? is there a test??? i can't figure it out but need the credits
(02-12-2019, 12:59 AM)Sb2013 Wrote: i keep reading about this class counting for tesu ethics req.
so I'm clear u go to the links, sign up for the free ethics option... what about materials for the class? is there a test??? i can't figure it out but need the credits

It is meant for insurance agents but also works for TESU as business ethics credits.

Yes, you sign up for the site and then register for the class using those links. As for how it works, it is an online training course, so the website provides all the study materials and tests you on your mastery of the material at the end. It is pretty straightforward though so most folks can get through it quickly... a day or two at most; many have finished it in less than a day.
Working On: Researching postgraduate degree options while awaiting BSBA conferral
Up Next: MBA-ITM or MSM @ WGU, then considering GA Tech OMSCS or a Ph.D.

BSBA in Computer Information Systems @ TESU (certified complete, graduate March 2019)
ASNSM in Computer Science @ TESU (certified complete, graduate March 2019)

B&M CC: 8.68cr, TESU: 3cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(121.68 credits total. 95 credits earned in 10 months, with 45 of those earned in ~3 months)
(02-12-2019, 12:59 AM)Sb2013 Wrote: i keep reading about this class counting for tesu ethics req.

To add to Merlin's comments - the test is untimed and you can take it as many times as you want. My 19-year-old recently took the test. She went straight to the test and read through the teaching material as she was taking it. She has no insurance experience but is a pretty intuitive test taker. BUT, it took her five hours to get through the test (including snack breaks :-) ). She figured it was better to take it slow and careful the first time through so as to not have to do it again.
~Jenny~
daughter #1  47/120 cr TESU English
UNWSP - Composition, Math for the Liberal Arts, Environ Science w/lab, Irish Lit, Comp Applications, Intro to Music, Health and Fitness; CLEP- A&I Lit; CLEP College Composition; CLEP Education Psychology; Sophia - Managing Conflict; Sophia Teamwork  Onlinedegree -Psychology; The Institutes - Insurance Ethics; In-process- CLEP American Lit, CLEP English Lit
daughter #2  13/120 cr
USWSP- Comp Applications; CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, CLEP Marketing, CLEP Info Systems In-process - UNWSP Composition; CLEP US History 2
I passed the exam today. Now what do I do to get credit for it?
(02-12-2019, 01:45 PM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: I passed the exam today. Now what do I do to get credit for it?

Good job! You need to create an ACE account. https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main Then you go to Course Search and put in part of the course/institution and click the course, and click Add to Transcript. It costs $20 to create an account. When you are ready, you will send the ACE transcript to the college you are enrolled in.
(02-12-2019, 02:16 PM)Murdockb Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 01:45 PM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: I passed the exam today. Now what do I do to get credit for it?

Good job! You need to create an ACE account. https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main Then you go to Course Search and put in part of the course/institution and click the course, and click Add to Transcript. It costs $20 to create an account. When you are ready, you will send the ACE transcript to the college you are enrolled in.

I paid nothing for the account but will pay for transcripts.  Has this changed?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Insurance Ethics - alternative course Luka1110 4 206 02-21-2019, 12:54 AM
Last Post: bethanyneedsajob
  Sophia Intro to Ethics count for COSC? edbrain 0 63 02-20-2019, 09:27 AM
Last Post: edbrain
  Free Ethics Course ROYISAGIRL 2 283 01-20-2019, 08:30 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Ethics 312 The American Institutes dapolochamp 41 1,956 12-22-2018, 03:57 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Institutes Ethics OR TEEX Cybersecurity? 12save 12 408 11-18-2018, 06:53 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Upset over the Institutes Insurance Ethics Course katelynn 34 2,397 11-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Last Post: katelynn
  Ethics course from The Institutes, where to get another credit jeffreymb 4 394 07-25-2018, 07:54 AM
Last Post: jeffreymb
  Ethics Course At the Institutes? waterpaper 4 451 07-03-2018, 10:17 AM
Last Post: bezzina
  INB301 International Business Law and Ethics jason@thebfl.net 2 326 05-11-2018, 08:02 PM
Last Post: jason@thebfl.net
  TESU BSBA Finance - Ethics (Gen Ed: Civ Learning) Gloddy 17 1,111 05-09-2018, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MNomadic