Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Saylor computer science courses ACE approved
This may be old news to some of you, but I just realized that the following Saylor courses have been ACE approved since December 2016: BUS206 Management Information Systems, CS101 Introduction to computer science I, CS102 Introduction to computer science II, CS302 Software Engineering, CS402 Computer Communications and Networking.

I wonder how they will come in at TESU. I bet the MIS will duplicate the DSST for some cheap UL credit. Software engineering also UL? Exciting.
Oh wow, even though they were approved in Dec, they were just recently added to Saylor's approved courses page. These weren't on there last week.

Some good options!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Cheap UL computer science courses! That will greatly help.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Wow! I sure wish I'd noticed this before paying $100 for my son to take MIS elsewhere. Ah well. Great that they are adding more options.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
homeschoolmom1 Wrote:This may be old news to some of you, but I just realized that the following Saylor courses have been ACE approved since December 2016: BUS206 Management Information Systems, CS101 Introduction to computer science I, CS102 Introduction to computer science II, CS302 Software Engineering, CS402 Computer Communications and Networking.

I wonder how they will come in at TESU. I bet the MIS will duplicate the DSST for some cheap UL credit. Software engineering also UL? Exciting.

A cheap alternative to the MIS credits is excellent news (assuming it comes in as CIS-301).

I'm also curious about that CS102 course's transfer equivalence.

I suspect (hope) the Software Engineering course comes in as CIS-351 (giving another cheap CS AOS elective).

The CS402 Computer Communications and Networking course appears to come in as CMP-354 already (so, NOT a CS AOS course). (source: Open Course Option)
COMPELTED
CLEP: Calculus (75), Precalculus (71), Info Sys and Comp Apps (78), College Mathematics (63), College Algebra (65).
SL: Calc I, Calc II, C++, Intro to Religion, Intro to Business, Business Ethics, Prin of Mgmt, Bus. Law, A&P I, A&P II
Study.com: Principles of Marketing, Microbiology
edX: Intro to Dif. Eq., Linear Dif. Eq.
UND Ind. Study: Discrete Math
APU/AMU: Linear Algebra, Mathmatical Modeling
TECEP: Nutrition
B&M: Far too many!
why are some not showing up in ACE

ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training

https://www.saylor.org/credit/#available-courses
bluebooger Wrote:why are some not showing up in ACE

Looks like CS101 is the only one missing form that list in the ACE link, but the rest are there. CS101 shows up on NCCRS (Saylor Academy (The) | NCCRS), but I don't see it on ACE.
COMPELTED
CLEP: Calculus (75), Precalculus (71), Info Sys and Comp Apps (78), College Mathematics (63), College Algebra (65).
SL: Calc I, Calc II, C++, Intro to Religion, Intro to Business, Business Ethics, Prin of Mgmt, Bus. Law, A&P I, A&P II
Study.com: Principles of Marketing, Microbiology
edX: Intro to Dif. Eq., Linear Dif. Eq.
UND Ind. Study: Discrete Math
APU/AMU: Linear Algebra, Mathmatical Modeling
TECEP: Nutrition
B&M: Far too many!
9 new courses (as of 12/1/16), they are all considered LL courses through ACE - we will have to see how TESU treats some of them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
bluebooger Wrote:why are some not showing up in ACE

The other courses show up under "Alternative Credit Project Ecosystem" as the Organization Name, and if you put Saylor as the Course/Exam Title as well, you will see them by themselves.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Could be a good option for BSBA CIS Majors

First off you have MIS which chances are will come in at UL

Also https://learn.saylor.org/course/bus303 Strategic Information Technology

Both of these should come up at upper level

CS401 Computer communications and networking might come up as AOS for CIS

that is potentially 3 UL = 9 credits

This looks like a pretty sexy plan for anyone to use.

Mandatory (in the sense that you need a programming course, Pen Foster and CSU have courses) I choose Straighterline programming 4 credits LL

Mandatory CSU MIS 350 course System Analysis and Design 3 UL

Electives courses

Saylor MIS 3 UL ??????

Strategic Information Technology 3 UL????

Study.com Digital Marketing 3 UL

TEEX courses 6 Free

Cost for AOS

Study.com 200

Straighterline between 100-200 depending on coupons used

Saylor 25-75

Teex Free

CSU 250

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,293 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
Question Speedrunning SDC Data Structures and Computer Architecture advice? Randyb100 15 725 04-09-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 877 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 689 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,442 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 413 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,770 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,033 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 575 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer