Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed my First Clep (Analyzing and Interpreting Literature)
I took analyzing and interpreting literature. I got a 56 on it. It was a test I probably could have taken cold. I used the REA practice tests(the older one with the cd) for the past 2 days. I got scaled scores of 54, 56, 54 on the practice tests. I knew I needed at least a 50 on the actual test, and felt confident I would. If I put more effort in, I probably would have scored higher but I knew I didn't need to. I feel like I struggled with trying to guess what the author meant with a lot of the questions. It was an issue I have always had with literature. While, I didn't ask for any help pertaining this test, reading others experiences have helped a lot and made me decide to get this one out of the way.

Now I can put all my effort into studying for natural science and biology. I only need to pass one of them, but given how natural science is half bio, it makes sense for me to study for both. If I fall short on biology, I still have natural science I could take. Otherwise the extra 6 credits won't hurt.
[-] The following 6 users Like Tictac's post:
  • BingCherry, cookderosa, Joeman200, pugmomx2, wombat777, zapproximator
Congratulations! cheersmate
[-] The following 1 user Likes Homeschoolmom6's post:
  • MSK9
congratulations!! I've heard lately that this test seems to be harder than usual. Did you have a lot of poetry?
I had a decent amount of poetry. There wasn't as much terminology as I was expecting. The terminology that was on the test I felt was at like a fifth grade level and it was only a few questions. There were some questions based off tone of the passage. There were several questions interpreting what the narrator means when they say something. Additionally there were also several questions a long the lines based off the passage it can be inferred that. The toughest questions for me was saying what the author meant when they chose to use some lines. I pretty much only used the REA practice tests to study and in terms of difficulty, I felt they were rather on par if only maybe slightly more difficult. There was a little more focus on higher level terminology in the REA practice tests but if anything the REA tests were a pretty accurate assessment of how the test would be.
Yay!! Way to go!
Tictac Wrote:I had a decent amount of poetry. There wasn't as much terminology as I was expecting. The terminology that was on the test I felt was at like a fifth grade level and it was only a few questions. There were some questions based off tone of the passage. There were several questions interpreting what the narrator means when they say something. Additionally there were also several questions a long the lines based off the passage it can be inferred that. The toughest questions for me was saying what the author meant when they chose to use some lines. I pretty much only used the REA practice tests to study and in terms of difficulty, I felt they were rather on par if only maybe slightly more difficult. There was a little more focus on higher level terminology in the REA practice tests but if anything the REA tests were a pretty accurate assessment of how the test would be.

thank you!
Good for you! That one surprised me - I expected an easy test Smile
-Zapproximator

My journey to a bachelor's degree by 18 (with my flashcards, exam tips, and notes)---> bachelorsby18.wordpress.com

Super quick bio: Homeschooled teen who loves music, writing, hanging out with friends, and doing stuff outside - unless it's 80+ Wink

-------------------------
42/120 Credits
CLEP: Principles of Marketing 75, Principles of Management 66, A&I Literature 59, Intro Psychology 64, US History 1 68, US History 2 69, Sociology 61, Western Civ 1, Western Civ 2 55, Biology 51, Microecon 67, Macroecon 68, Educational Psychology 74, College Algebra (in progress), College Composition (in progress)
AP: Statistics, Spanish (both in progress)
[-] The following 1 user Likes zapproximator's post:
  • BingCherry
Tictac and Zapproximator : Thank for your reviews of the test.
I passed it with a 61.
Reading here (and Zap's blog) helped me focus more of what to pay attention to in my pre-test study time along with the Modern States course. It was my first CLEP as well! Very nervous but passed and that's all that counts.
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
[-] The following 1 user Likes BingCherry's post:
  • zapproximator
I'm afraid of taking this one. It's what I need if I want to test out of English Comp II. But I hate literature interpretation. So much of it is a matter of opinion, and I feel like I'm constantly guessing what the test-writer's mindset is. Are the practice tests a good gauge of how the test itself will go?
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
I just took the MS course and passed it. Didn't do great, but didn't fail it.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • a2jc4life

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 474 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,802 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 831 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,263 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Kim did it after 4 tries! <baby bar passed> bjcheung77 8 1,214 12-15-2021, 11:00 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,621 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 1,842 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,490 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,253 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,207 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az