Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph.D. in Visionary Practice and Regenerative Leadership
So here's a surprising one I didn't see coming, but, I'm sure there will be some interest in it. Ph.D. in Visionary Practice and Regenerative Leadership. Accredited by Higher Learning Commission, previously regional (there's no such thing as regional "legally" anymore). 

This is the first accredited "spiritual" university I've seen, that seems to draw a lot from the mythic arts and the local artist community of Santa Fe. 

https://www.swc.edu/visionary-practice-a...rship-phd/

Almost all online. 3 residencies, 6 days, 4 days, and 4 days. All residencies in Santa Fe, New Mexico. 

Total cost $45,750
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • ROYISAGIRL, ss20ts
I was looking at this program a few days ago! The schools seems pretty funky. Definitely not your typical college. It is intriguing.

I'm really trying to avoid residencies. That pesky job thing gets in the way. Some schools have crazy residency requirements. One I looked at was 8 weeks every summer. I'm like how is this an online program? What adult can spend 8 weeks every summer away from their family and work?
(08-03-2022, 02:31 AM)ashkir Wrote:  (there's no such thing as regional "legally" anymore). 

The Dept of Education doesn't make this distinction anymore, but some states and local licensing boards do. California is one example. Schools themselves seem to be generally still making this distinction, with RA schools largely not accepting NA credits.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 4 users Like jsd's post:
  • ashkir, rachel83az, sanantone, ss20ts
(08-03-2022, 11:14 AM)jsd Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 02:31 AM)ashkir Wrote:  (there's no such thing as regional "legally" anymore). 

The Dept of Education doesn't make this distinction anymore, but some states and local licensing boards do. California is one example. Schools themselves seem to be generally still making this distinction, with RA schools largely not accepting NA credits.

Some organizations also use CHEA terminology, and CHEA still makes the distinction.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • ashkir, jsd
(08-03-2022, 10:48 AM)ss20ts Wrote: I was looking at this program a few days ago! The schools seems pretty funky. Definitely not your typical college. It is intriguing.

I'm really trying to avoid residencies. That pesky job thing gets in the way. Some schools have crazy residency requirements. One I looked at was 8 weeks every summer. I'm like how is this an online program? What adult can spend 8 weeks every summer away from their family and work?
It definitely is unique! Santa Fe is perhaps one of the oddest cities I've ever been to. This school seems to be a perfect fit for the culture of Santa Fe. I grew up in Aztec/Shiprock/Farmington area and I know the art culture extended that far out as well.
(08-03-2022, 11:36 AM)ashkir Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 10:48 AM)ss20ts Wrote: I was looking at this program a few days ago! The schools seems pretty funky. Definitely not your typical college. It is intriguing.

It definitely is unique! Santa Fe is perhaps one of the oddest cities I've ever been to. This school seems to be a perfect fit for the culture of Santa Fe. I grew up in Aztec/Shiprock/Farmington area and I know the art culture extended that far out as well.

I kind of want to go visit the school and just sit there and take it all in. It seems like a really peaceful chill place. It sounds fascinating! It's sooooo different than traditional colleges. I wonder if more schools had a funky vibe to them if that would help more students be successful in college.
(08-03-2022, 11:52 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 11:36 AM)ashkir Wrote:

I kind of want to go visit the school and just sit there and take it all in. It seems like a really peaceful chill place. It sounds fascinating! It's sooooo different than traditional colleges. I wonder if more schools had a funky vibe to them if that would help more students be successful in college.

It's like a Waldorf college!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • ss20ts
This one comes close
https://www.ciis.edu/academics/graduate-...tudies-phd
(08-03-2022, 12:37 PM)Alpha Wrote: This one comes close
https://www.ciis.edu/academics/graduate-...tudies-phd

I really wanna know what the Cybernetics requirement is :O 
(08-03-2022, 03:00 PM)ashkir Wrote: I really wanna know what the Cybernetics requirement is :

This is likely a term from the social sciences field, which talks about cybernetic epistemology, developed by Gergory Bateson.

"Bateson proposed that we consider Epistemology as an overarching discipline of the natural sciences, including the social/behavioral sciences: a meta-science whose parameters extend to include the science of mind in the widest sense of the word."

Cybernetic epistomology is a commonly discussed theory for understanding and interpreting human interaction in the social work field.

And in addition to CIIS, there's also Sophia University, which has a lot of spiritual stuff in their curriculum, and Maharishi University (located in Iowa) which is an institutionally (regionally) accredited school that has a *very* unusual curriculum deeply rooted in spirituality.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Purdue Global (PUG) EdD in Leadership and Innovation walruspanda 22 1,633 04-25-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Central Arkansas Leadership PhD, $20.5k freeloader 5 1,228 03-26-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UCA Ph.D. Change Leadership Update + Facts mohelena02 2 553 11-05-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: mohelena02
  Doctor of Professional Practice (can possibly use free graduate certificate) sanantone 4 1,126 01-20-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Multiple Capstone Options sanantone 5 1,464 07-15-2022, 02:11 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Competency-Based Leadership Doctorates and MA at Andrews University sanantone 2 1,714 09-19-2021, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  UMass EdD in Organizational Leadership ashkir 10 1,947 08-31-2021, 09:47 PM
  NCAT PhD in Leadership ashkir 8 1,583 08-24-2021, 03:44 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  DBA or PH.D in Educational Leadership for more opportunities lucianovalente 8 1,822 05-22-2020, 04:30 PM