Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Eliminates SOME Study.com Transfer Credits [unconfirmed]
(04-24-2022, 06:06 PM)gams007 Wrote: I have a dilemma between CMP-354 Network Technology VS CMP-354 TE which course is easier to pass, to finalize my degree I'm going to pay the flat rate to take 3 courses at TESU at once, what you guys recommend? 
I was reading that one has 6 written assignment and the other you need to pass a multiple choice exam and score minimum of 70%

I thought I remembered the network course used to have exams?? There are no exams now?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
The TECEP is more difficult than the course. I'm pretty sure I remember reading a thread where one person took the TECEP, failed, then took the course and it was way easier. See https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ne...MP-354-TE) for details on studying for the TECEP.

That said, Software Engineering is supposed to be even easier still.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • gams007
Big Grin 
I just received my academic evaluation from TESU since I send my SDC transcript last Friday and my Computer Architecture course has been accepted as a UL I post a copy of it, also they still accept Presentational Speaking course as Oral requirement  Big Grin

Attached Files
.pdf   Academic Evaluatio1.pdf (Size: 602.95 KB / Downloads: 37)

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(04-25-2022, 03:29 PM)gams007 Wrote: I just received my academic evaluation from TESU since I send my SDC transcript last Friday and my Computer Architecture course has been accepted as a UL I post a copy of it, also they still accept Presentational Speaking course as Oral requirement  Big Grin

Your name and email address are still in the attachment.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(04-20-2022, 05:15 PM)gams007 Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 04:50 PM)Lee586 Wrote: Even if there are changes, once things are accepted, they stay accepted correct? I start CIS-351 in May which will end in July, and that will be my final class for CS.

Where are you taken this course?? I'm curious if the software engineer course from Saylor is accepted as an upper level course  Huh

I prepare my self I registered for the discrete math course at Oakton is less expensive, and they are offering it now for the summer semester. There are only 4 seats left if someone wants to join.
This is in case TESU don't accept this course anymore.

The short answer to the Saylor question is No.  Very few courses from Saylor come in as UL.  Here is a link with all the courses that will work with TESU.  I just hope it is current.  https://www.saylor.org/partners/credit/t...r-partner/
Unfortunately, Saylor's TESU page is very outdated. There's a lot of other stuff which is currently accepted. A few have different equivalencies or don't work anymore. Search the forums for recent transfer experiences.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
Having just tried SDC for the first time this weekend and completing one course and almost finishing two more, I really mourn the loss of these courses.

Has anyone seen this happen before and SDC been re-certified?
(05-02-2022, 12:29 PM)Blckbuster Wrote: Having just tried SDC for the first time this weekend and completing one course and almost finishing two more, I really mourn the loss of these courses.

As far as we know, TESU still accepts all SDC courses as before.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-02-2022, 01:02 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 12:29 PM)Blckbuster Wrote: Having just tried SDC for the first time this weekend and completing one course and almost finishing two more, I really mourn the loss of these courses.

As far as we know, TESU still accepts all SDC courses as before.
Chrystal Guadarrama from TESU told me in an academic advisement meeting on 04/18/22 that these courses I wanted to take would not be accepted after 4/15/22.

Business 102: Principles of Marketing
Computer Science 306: Computer Architecture
Computer Science 105: Intro to OS
Math 108: Discrete Mathematics
Computer Science 201: Data Structures & Algorithms
Computer Science 109: Introduction to Programming

Should I not believe her?
You should read more forum posts so you have full understanding the value of academic advice from TESU
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • studyingfortests

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 698 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 226 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 238 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,577 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary