Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Eliminates SOME Study.com Transfer Credits [unconfirmed]
(05-02-2022, 10:25 PM)Blckbuster Wrote: Chrystal Guadarrama from TESU told me in an academic advisement meeting on 04/18/22 that these courses I wanted to take would not be accepted after 4/15/22.

Business 102: Principles of Marketing
Computer Science 306: Computer Architecture
Computer Science 105: Intro to OS
Math 108: Discrete Mathematics
Computer Science 201: Data Structures & Algorithms
Computer Science 109: Introduction to Programming

Should I not believe her?

you should go back and read this entire thread
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • louise
(05-02-2022, 10:37 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: You should read more forum posts so you have full understanding the value of academic advice from TESU
Quote:Bluebooger wrote:
Quote:you should go back and read this entire thread

You two are kind of hilarious
We always tell people not to believe everything that their advisor tells them because the advice is generally pretty worthless. If an advisor tells you that, catagorically yes, a certain class WILL be accepted, they're usually correct. Everything else they say is pretty much always wrong.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • dhallfootball21
It seems there may have been a change, we've seen more and more Academic Advising Staff mention this change about the April 15 date. I wouldn't be surprised if that change in fact was made without anyone outside of TESU knowing. Just get as many courses as you can finished before any new changes occur June or July 1.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • dhallfootball21
(05-03-2022, 03:15 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It seems there may have been a change, we've seen more and more Academic Advising Staff mention this change about the April 15 date.  I wouldn't be surprised if that change in fact was made without anyone outside of TESU knowing.  Just get as many courses as you can finished before any new changes occur June or July 1.
I banged out Accounting 102: Intro to Managerial Accounting first because she claimed it would expire the earliest of the ones that were left. I forget the date in June. After I get the ones they stated they'd accept done, I'll try one of the expired ones, worst case scenario I lose $70 and not even that if I go to a different school. 

If there's no news on here by then I'll report back when I send the transcript.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blckbuster's post:
  • dhallfootball21
(05-02-2022, 10:25 PM)Blckbuster Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 01:02 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 12:29 PM)Blckbuster Wrote: Having just tried SDC for the first time this weekend and completing one course and almost finishing two more, I really mourn the loss of these courses.

Has anyone seen this happen before and SDC been re-certified?

As far as we know, TESU still accepts all SDC courses as before.
Chrystal Guadarrama from TESU told me in an academic advisement meeting on 04/18/22 that these courses I wanted to take would not be accepted after 4/15/22.

Now the list has change again  is not same from the first list that a forum member has post months ago.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 1 user Likes gams007's post:
  • dhallfootball21
(05-03-2022, 06:13 AM)gams007 Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 10:25 PM)Blckbuster Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 01:02 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 12:29 PM)Blckbuster Wrote: Having just tried SDC for the first time this weekend and completing one course and almost finishing two more, I really mourn the loss of these courses.

Has anyone seen this happen before and SDC been re-certified?

As far as we know, TESU still accepts all SDC courses as before.
Chrystal Guadarrama from TESU told me in an academic advisement meeting on 04/18/22 that these courses I wanted to take would not be accepted after 4/15/22.

Now the list has change again  is not same from the first list that a forum member has post months ago.

Did someone finish any of those courses after the 15th of April to see what is going on, I know that my Computer Architecture that I pass just the same day of April 15th TESU accept it, but I miss the Discrete math I want to be sure before I pay the Oakton course starting this May 16th. My last email that I received from study.com, they stated that TESU told them new changes are coming, but it will be effective no sooner than July 1.
Now this story is getting longer new they don't accept data structure, this seems they will stop complete accepting any CS course.

In progress:
Completed:
[-] The following 1 user Likes gams007's post:
  • dhallfootball21
I successfully transferred in Intro to Operating Systems today. I completed the course on 5/5/22.

I should complete Discrete Math this weekend so I'm thinking surely they will accept it as well.
[-] The following 3 users Like louise's post:
  • dhallfootball21, gams007, jsd
(05-19-2022, 04:11 PM)louise Wrote: I successfully transferred in Intro to Operating Systems today. I completed the course on 5/5/22.

I should complete Discrete Math this weekend so I'm thinking surely they will accept it as well.

I'm also going to take Discrete Math, I already post some weeks ago that changes are going to be taken by July 1 based on the email I received from Study.com, so I'm also going to rush to finish all pending courses.
Before TESU stop taking computer science courses, thanks for the update.

In progress:
Completed:
[-] The following 2 users Like gams007's post:
  • dhallfootball21, louise
Just to help clarify some of the confusion - This week I requested to have SDC's Comp Architecture course added to my planned credits for COS-330 and it was added without issue.
In progress:
TESU BSBA-CIS (120/120) [Completed, delayed conferral]
TESU BA-COS (117/120)
TESU ASNSM Math (59/61) 
Remaining:
SDC - Systems Analysis, Data Structures, Comp Architecture, Discrete Math, Business Communication
SL Going to try Sophia- Calculus 1
MAT-105 Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics TECEP
CSM Learn
TESU - Cornerstone, Capstone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 11 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 160 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 225 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 236 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,574 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary