Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips on how to get 70+ on clep chemistry?
I MUST get a 70+ on clep chemistry in order to graduate in this summer. The clep chemistry equivalent in my university is a total of 8 credit hours, one year lab science classes, that's why they set the bar really high.

I am super panicked now. I've taken the clep chemistry exam before and my score was 54, I know how hard the exam can be. I also took clep biology recently and scored 58. To be honest, I don't have any confidence in myself now.

I put my all on the next clep chemistry exam and it stresses me out. If I don't pass, then that's another year for me in college to finish my degree.

The good thing is I have fairly sufficient time to prepare, the graduation date is in August so I have over a month to study for it and this will be my second time studying the same material. I am also prepared to study my butt off during the summer.

Does anybody in here that actually scored a 70+ on chemistry before? How did you prepare it? Do you have any suggestions/tips regarding the exam preparation and exam-taking?

Thanks, I really appreciate your help!
Good luck is there really no other courses you could take instead of?
Collegelady2 Wrote:Good luck is there really no other courses you could take instead of?

I was thinking the same thing, can't you take any ACE/NCCRS course from Study.com or Straighterline?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:can't you take any ACE/NCCRS course from Study.com or Straighterline?

It doesn't sound like they're attending one of the Big 3 so probably not.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
No, my university only accepts CLEP or AP.
I have not taken this exam but can offer a few suggestions:

Would first download the test description sheet. Either purchase/rent/or check library for a used copy of the recommended textbook; older editions are fine. Follow the test description sheet on what to study.
- Google the textbook companion website for quizzes, games, etc.

You will need a subscription to instantcert academy (flashcards) to check out the subject exam thread in the specific exam feedback section of this forum. IMO, well worth the price of admission.

Quizlet website. Search "CLEP Chemistry" flashcard sets.

free-clep-prep.com website

Good luck!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
[-] The following 1 user Likes bricabrac's post:
  • jippygrewal
I just took a look through one of my lists and I have the CLEP exam guide and a practice test or two. Check your forum inbox a few hours. When I get home I'll put together a folder for you to download.

Also here's another resource Chemistry Study Guides - SparkNotes

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
[-] The following 1 user Likes bricabrac's post:
  • jippygrewal
I have taken this exam and find a 70 completely unrealistic.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
Lecpot Wrote:No, my university only accepts CLEP or AP.

What is the score requirement for AP? I think it would be MUCH easier to get a 4 on the AP than a 70 on this CLEP. Anything beyond 60 is really just playing trivial pursuit. Also, it's not unusual for a college that accepts a score of 50 to also award 8 credits.

Edit to add, I can't stop thinking about your question. You won't find people on this board who have scored a 70 on that exam. It just isn't happening. The pass rate on that exam is very low anyway, only around 1/3 pass with a 50. (you've already hit that benchmark - congratulations!) Maybe they've set it as a 70 on accident? Perhaps they mean 70% and someone goofed when they entered it into the computer (a 70% would = 50 scaled score = passing) but maybe the college just doesn't want to give away $tuition x 8? Also a possibility. Do they have unreachable thresholds for their other CLEPs too? College Board puts out a chart that shows "B" grade levels (unofficially) and Chemistry's is 65. So, seriously, I think you need an alternative plan.
As others have said, that is a really high goal for this exam. Since you have passed it already, you do have a good background to get started on it again. If you haven't found it yet, this thread could be helpful to pick up on some of those extra details that you need to learn now: http://www.degreeforum.net/showthread.php?t=11381
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Capstone Writing: Tips & Tricks rachel83az 11 28,075 01-25-2024, 11:46 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 513 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tips on How to Get Straight A’s in College LevelUP 19 4,075 05-07-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 486 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Anyone Have Any Tips for Searching for College News? LevelUP 0 417 12-19-2022, 05:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Chemistry Course YehudisS 16 1,507 10-01-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: YehudisS
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,853 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 852 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,325 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  5 Interviewing Tips From an Amazon Applicant Who Jeff Bezos Hired on the Spot LevelUP 4 989 03-07-2022, 12:38 PM
Last Post: sanantone