Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Transferring ACE to Arizona State University
(02-12-2021, 10:57 PM)Silvious Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 04:25 PM)nomaduser Wrote: All of the top 300 universities in US won't accept ACE
The one exception is Florida International University. They will take a few Straighterline courses which you score higher than 80/100 at final exams.

ACE credits make very little sense to popular brick & mortar universities... the Sophia ACE courses are way too easy and I consider them to be continuing education credits.

Betcha 1-month SDC that I could show a top 200 NU that takes ACE & require minimum 30 credit in residence.

(02-12-2021, 02:16 AM)harrypotter Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 06:02 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 05:59 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I’ve emailed them so many times asking them if they do. It turned out to be a nightmare. They never answered my question. I don’t think they’ll accept any non-collegiate credit besides CLEP..

They probably didn't even know what you were talking about.

I emailed multiple departments that are supposed to know what ACE/ non-collegiate credit is — information regarding consideration of ACE credit is literally on their website. I was just double checking to see if they’d accept anything besides CLEP...

That's a wrong approach IMO, you should not expect to find ACE-aware staff sitting at multiple department, but in the transfer credit department. If the website mention the acceptance, there should be at least one staff in the registrar that's the expert in handling ACE that he/she will contact each department on your behalf with the necessary information for the department to determine course equivalency.

That's why I asked if maybe you're looking at a Military-only ACE policy, and it must be gotten from the JST transcript.  Because they probably take a few credits that way, and they're ACE - but for non-military, they don't take the old ACE/new Acclaim transcript.

Many schools accept have a Military-only ACE policy - so if you actually ask the military liaison there, they may be able to confirm that this is the case there (I'm guessing it is).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-13-2021, 10:50 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 04:25 PM)nomaduser Wrote: All of the top 300 universities in US won't accept ACE
The one exception is Florida International University. They will take a few Straighterline courses which you score higher than 80/100 at final exams.

ACE credits make very little sense to popular brick & mortar universities... the Sophia ACE courses are way too easy and I consider them to be continuing education credits.

Betcha 1-month SDC that I could show a top 200 NU that takes ACE & require minimum 30 credit in residence.

(02-11-2021, 06:02 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 05:59 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I’ve emailed them so many times asking them if they do. It turned out to be a nightmare. They never answered my question. I don’t think they’ll accept any non-collegiate credit besides CLEP..

They probably didn't even know what you were talking about.

I emailed multiple departments that are supposed to know what ACE/ non-collegiate credit is — information regarding consideration of ACE credit is literally on their website. I was just double checking to see if they’d accept anything besides CLEP...

That's a wrong approach IMO, you should not expect to find ACE-aware staff sitting at multiple department, but in the transfer credit department. If the website mention the acceptance, there should be at least one staff in the registrar that's the expert in handling ACE that he/she will contact each department on your behalf with the necessary information for the department to determine course equivalency.

That's why I asked if maybe you're looking at a Military-only ACE policy, and it must be gotten from the JST transcript.  Because they probably take a few credits that way, and they're ACE - but for non-military, they don't take the old ACE/new Acclaim transcript.

Many schools accept have a Military-only ACE policy - so if you actually ask the military liaison there, they may be able to confirm that this is the case there (I'm guessing it is).

My experience (not at ASU) is 100% not military-affiliated. In fact, I'm an international student, on F-1 visa, so I cannot be affiliated nor qualified for the JST transcript. The two transcript I sent was the one free transcript when setting up an ACE account and one $10 back in August, though it did took me over 3 months for the transcript to be posted the first time before I found the aforementioned designated staff, who also took care of it in days the second time around.
(02-13-2021, 11:53 PM)Silvious Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 10:50 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 06:02 PM)dfrecore Wrote: They probably didn't even know what you were talking about.

My experience (not at ASU) is 100% not military-affiliated. In fact, I'm an international student, on F-1 visa, so I cannot be affiliated nor qualified for the JST transcript. The two transcript I sent was the one free transcript when setting up an ACE account and one $10 back in August, though it did took me over 3 months for the transcript to be posted the first time before I found the aforementioned designated staff, who also took care of it in days the second time around.

So I was talking about when a school SEEMS to have an ACE policy, you can see it mentioned somewhere, but you can't figure out if they actually take ACE.  That is when you look at the page to see if it specifically says "Military Credit."  Many schools will take ACE on a JST, but not on an ACE (Acclaim) transcript.

So whenever you can't figure out if a school takes ACE credit, you can always see if their Military liaison can help.

Many schools do accept ACE - this is NOT what I'm talking about.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
ASU's admissions department is one of the most stringent I've ever worked with. I'm currently enrolled, but I could only get 72 of my 94 RA credits to transfer (from previous college work a long time ago). By comparison, TESU evaluated me at 92.5 and FIU at 86. Also, ASU didn't allow me to meet a few requirements that I've met at other colleges (English, Math, and Language... I mean, I have 1.5 yrs of Ancient Greek and the credits transferred but they're making me take a language).

At the end of the day, I chose the more expensive path because I'd rather have ASU on my resume and grad school application (planning to apply to a couple of top tier grad schools). I should be done by this time next year. I've enjoyed the first half of my first semester, but it hasn't been easy.... the classes are the same curriculum as the B&M classes but they're jammed in to 7.5 weeks, so it's really hard.
(02-22-2021, 08:33 AM)ArielB74 Wrote: ASU's admissions department is one of the most stringent I've ever worked with.  I'm currently enrolled, but I could only get 72 of my 94 RA credits to transfer (from previous college work a long time ago).  By comparison, TESU evaluated me at 92.5 and FIU at 86.  Also, ASU didn't allow me to meet a few requirements that I've met at other colleges (English, Math, and Language... I mean, I have 1.5 yrs of Ancient Greek and the credits transferred but they're making me take a language).

At the end of the day, I chose the more expensive path because I'd rather have ASU on my resume and grad school application (planning to apply to a couple of top tier grad schools). I should be done by this time next year. I've enjoyed the first half of my first semester, but it hasn't been easy.... the classes are the same curriculum as the B&M classes but they're jammed in to 7.5 weeks, so it's really hard.

Quote:I'd rather have ASU on my resume and grad school application

Hm, I've been thinking about that too. I however don't have a degree at all and haven't had trouble finding software engineering positions once I got enough experience. I have a fear that adding TESU to my resume will make it worse! Haha.

ArielB74 - what has your experience been at ASU online so far since you last posted?
It used to be evening classes before online became a thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 220 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,609 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,545 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,934 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 596 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,240 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,604 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 348 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,486 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff