Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC?
Hello People,

I'm looking to earn a Masters in Education after the Homeland Security BS. from TESC.

What are the best options in terms of price, credit transferability, and ease of graduating?

How is TESC's Masters program???

Thanx in advance.
BS in Homeland Security. Thomas Edison State University. 2016

AAS in Environmental, Security and Safety Technologies. Thomas Edison State University. 2013
What is the end goal?

WNMU has an education concentration within the Master of Arts Interdisciplinary Studies.....and you could also continue with Criminal Justice, Business, or Political Science within that same degree.

Morningside College has an interesting Master of Arts- Teaching that could be completed cheap and fast id you took 18 self paced credits through VESI....it requires you to be a certified teacher though.....but its like $5K
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
My end goal is a doctorate in education.
BS in Homeland Security. Thomas Edison State University. 2016

AAS in Environmental, Security and Safety Technologies. Thomas Edison State University. 2013
One of the cheapest programs I have found is at the American College of Education. Their programs are just under $7,000. There are too many cheap graduate degrees in education to list.

Online Degree Search Results: 1316 Accredited Online Masters Degree Programs | GetEducated.com

If you don't mind the evangelical aspect of Liberty University, their tuition rates are pretty reasonable and they have an Ed.S and Ed.D program. Liberty also accepts NA credits.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
anyone know of paths to being a certified teacher? any suggestions

i will also research

rebel100 Wrote:What is the end goal?

WNMU has an education concentration within the Master of Arts Interdisciplinary Studies.....and you could also continue with Criminal Justice, Business, or Political Science within that same degree.

Morningside College has an interesting Master of Arts- Teaching that could be completed cheap and fast id you took 18 self paced credits through VESI....it requires you to be a certified teacher though.....but its like $5K
bella2011 Wrote:anyone know of paths to being a certified teacher? any suggestions

i will also research

Check with your state education department. Many have a "Career Switcher" program. In Virginia all you need is a bachelors degred, passa couple of exams and complete a 16 week program to start. Still a good idea to get a masters later though.
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
I believe that Western Governors University helps you with getting your Masters and license concurrently:

Master Degree in Elementary Education with Teaching Licensure | WGU Teachers College Online
Including this share here because the OP mentioned an end goal of Doctorate in Education.

I started an application with ACE as I have with a few other schools in an effort to move forward with a doctorate. This was my process with my masters and it made it a lot easier when I was finally ready because then I had a group of schools ready for me as well. ACE now has been, let's just say 'very eager' to get me over the finish line. The series of calls and emails have been entertaining because I know we all have our jobs to do and I respect their efforts. For those not into getting calls, think that through prior to starting the process with ACE because they really really want you to be part of the ACE family Smile
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
I think TESU is way too expensive, compared to a lot of other options (they are $668/cr x 36cr = $24,048). There are so many other less expensive ways to get this degree.

Not sure how good it is, but Capella has a FlexPath degree for the M.Ed - $2300/3-mo quarter.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
This thread is over five years old, so there are more options now! If there are things we have plenty of, they are MBAs and masters in education. GetEducated has lists for multiple areas of education. Some of the cheapest ones are at Fort Hays State University and Arkansas State University.

https://www.geteducated.com/
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,583 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  NUR prefix transfer at TESU Cheeseburrito 10 2,197 07-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  COSC transfer question Paramedic12 8 1,939 06-29-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  AFFORDABLE Masters Degree in Teaching/Education? acamp 14 3,844 06-21-2018, 07:44 PM
Last Post: miah
  TESU Statistics credit transfer from study.com waterpaper 2 1,573 06-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Transfer Credit Evaluation BSBRose21 1 1,162 05-08-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Johmford
  Anyone knows what credits could transfer from big 3 to other Universities maplefu 7 1,784 05-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  HEAT TRANSFER AT TESU darkestjp 1 1,111 04-29-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Sapientes
  Transfer to Excelsior or TESU garrettburton 8 2,403 04-17-2018, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning