Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with the Petersons?!
I was just on the free-clep-prep.com website, trying to go take the free Petersons that the links lead to. As I was trying to access them, I was stopped by a page requesting my library card number. What's up with this? Does anyone know why this is happening?
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Social Sciences and History
Humanities
Principles of Marketing
Natural Sciences
Introductory Sociology
Introductory Psychology
Computer Applications and Information Services
English Composition General
Principles of Management
American Government
American Literature
College Mathematics
US History I
US History II
Western Civ II
Western Civ I
College Algebra
Biology
Analyzing and Interpreting Lit.

"Acta est finite. Plaudite."

"Aut Viam Inveniam, Aut Faciam" -Hannibal
I have had problems with that website in the past as well. try this website: Home which is the website for the peterson's practice test you may have to type it in to your web browser twice or refresh it. for some reason Peterson's doesn't link very well but I always get it.
That's the second time someone has said that in the last two days. It looks like they're closing access to that portal.

I'd like to fix this instead of just pointing someone to the DoD site. As I've mentioned before, unless you qualify to use the DoD portal you shouldn't use it. Doing so takes money away from those who do qualify.

Try this one instead: New Link this goes through another library and doesn't ask me for any card number.

Let me know if it does for you.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Chebasaz Wrote:That's the second time someone has said that in the last two days. It looks like they're closing access to that portal.

I'd like to fix this instead of just pointing someone to the DoD site. As I've mentioned before, unless you qualify to use the DoD portal you shouldn't use it. Doing so takes money away from those who do qualify.

Try this one instead: New Link this goes through another library and doesn't ask me for any card number.

Let me know if it does for you.
That link gives me a message that my IP range is not in the state of Indiana. An asks for a username/password.
Stranger and stranger. I'm currently in Mexico and I can still access it without any problems.

When you say that it asks you for a user name and password, are you talking about the usual screen that has a "Username and Password" box and a "Register" box side by side?

How about the rest of people reading this? Have you tried the above link?
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin

[/SIZE]
I can't get the link described above to work either. It says I'm not located in Indiana and wants me to log in. If I go to register there, it wants my address as part of the registration so they can send me some sort of card.
~Banta

Graduated 2/17/11: BS in Business, Concentration: General Business from Excelsior College

EXAMS/COURSES TAKEN: UB - Principles of Comm - C | UB - US History II - C | AS - Freshman Comp - C | CLEP Humanities - 70 | CLEP College Math - 66 | CLEP Bio - 70 | CLEP Psych - 74 | CLEP American Gov - 68 | CLEP Social Sciences - 73 | CLEP Microeconomics - 72 | CLEP Macroeconomics - 74 | CLEP Management - 72 | DSST Supervision - 457 | DSST HRM - 70 | DSST OB - 75 | ALEKS College Algebra - 78% | ALEKS Intro to Statistics - 71% | CSU Pueblo 311 MGMT - A | SL Accounting I - A | SL Accounting II - A | DSST Finance - 458 | DSST M&B - 63 | CLEP Intro Business Law - 71 | DSST Business Law II - 79 | CLEP Info Systems - 73 | DSST MIS - 481 | DSST Business Ethics - 458 | DSST Intro to Business - 461 | DSST Environment - 70 | CLEP Marketing - 71 | CLEP A&I - 73 | SL Sociology - 98% | SL Intro to Criminal Justice - 96% | SL Western Civ I - 92% | Excelsior BUS 495 - A

Degree plan.
Horribly frustrating.. Hmmm....

Public libraries everywhere post their passwords for this in easily found places (I've found five so far), but that's the same as stealing from the government via the DoD link.

I'd like to find one out there that allows anyone to use it, just like the old one did. Give me a few to see if I can find another one.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin

[/SIZE]
Same thing happened to me. What is needed is a free web proxy in the state of Indiana. If anyone knows of one...

Doesn't look good. It seems as though Cengage has gone through and closed off most of the previously free access portals.

There are a ton of passwords that can be found by simply Googling for them, but that smacks of dishonesty to me. Still not sure why some people are able to log in and others aren't.

If anyone finds a 'legitimate' link that works, please post it here.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin

[/SIZE]
I just went into this site and when it asked me to put in a library card (after clicking testing and education) I just clicked on "resources provided by INSPIRE" and it let me in. Click on Testing and Education again then College Prep Tools then CLEP or DSST.
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study site, Study.com or Petersons btinnc 0 864 03-12-2020, 12:37 PM
Last Post: btinnc
  Anyone have experience with the Western Civ Petersons exams? zapproximator 1 1,376 01-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: clep3705
  Petersons Test Scoring davemodular 0 626 06-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Last Post: davemodular
  Differences in Scoring Petersons Practice Tests and CLEP Tests kcre101 4 2,497 07-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Last Post: lavender.pt
  If you pass all three Petersons practice tests....is it even necessary to study? lkm370 4 946 07-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Yanji
  i need help accesssing petersons!!! freightop 4 1,370 01-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Lyanne
  Petersons Test cdhill 0 634 12-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Last Post: cdhill
  Petersons Free Practice Tests SAL 16 2,107 11-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Last Post: bricabrac
  Petersons English Literature kimberose 0 773 09-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Last Post: kimberose
  Petersons Tests for DSST CJ and Intro to Law Enforcement pacifictmk 10 2,142 08-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Last Post: NAP