Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread
At the end of my third month.

English Comp I TECEP - Wasn't sure going into this one. I have had a number of writing classes and I feel that I'm a decent writer, but was worried about the time limit. Slight panic when I went to review the outline prior to the exam and found that it had been updated. Then I realized it was three long essays with a longer time limit. Ended up with a 91. Waiting for the results was the worst part. Your browser will detect spelling errors, but not suggest correct spellings. I used the dictionary a lot more then the writing guide. Because of my experience with this exam, I'm probably going to use the Technical Writing TECEP for one of the residency requirements.

Fundamentals of Cyber Security DSST - I added exam info to this thread: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...dback.html This is an example of why I am writing this thread. I was frustrated that I wasn't able to make it to the exam center and was starting to feel like I was over studying. Since it was coming to the end of the month and I know it was almost time to post, I made time for it in my schedule. Luckily it worked out and now I can move on to other exams. The material I have been reviewing for the CASP exam definitely helped.

I have the Marriage and Family TECEP scheduled August. I'm almost ready for it and will probably take in the middle of the month.

After reading the threads with people finishing a large amount of credits in a shorter time, I went back and looked through my plans. Finances are slowing me down, but I am going to try to finish by the end of March, so I can apply for June graduation.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

Nice job so far! I reworked my plan many many times over. The more tests taken, meant more productivity and proficiency in test taking / studying and the shrinking of time frames needed to complete each study/test cycle. The first tests took almost 2 months of studying. After the first few tests were under my belt, I averaged a test a week. Doing it was no prob once I was in the groove of doing it. Execution / timeline took careful planning. The picture on this post is my super high tech way of planning, tracking and updating the plan. Lot of erasing and re-writing. But doing it this way was fast and meant I could carry the notebook anywhere and adjust the plan on the fly. Computers still need to be turned on and logged into so they were not a productive enough option for me at the time.

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">FullSizeRender.jpg (Size: 90.34 KB / Downloads: 3)
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
I have something similar in my study log. I have a list of all of the remaining requirements that I end up rewriting every 4-5 days. I use it to keep my on track with my current target and to plan my next while making adjustments to the overall plan.
Andy

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics

I passed the Marriage and Family TECEP last night. This was the old version, so not sure how useful any feedback will be since the new one goes live in September. The book is a slow read. I got about 3/4 through it before stopping and focusing on the key words. Probably should have spent more time on the chapter summaries and presentations.

Because of issues at work, I missed the deadline for registering for October TECEPs. Thought about working on SL Accounting II and Macroeconomics, but since both are due to expire on 9/30/15, I'm not going to start either until the new approval is posted. I'm going to start studying for the Strategic Management TECEP and try to take it in November. May try for one or two easy TECEPs in October.
Andy

Current Degree Plan

The registration for the October Term is open until Sept 12.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:The registration for the October Term is open until Sept 12.

Oops, I meant that I missed the deadline for September TECEPs.
Andy

Current Degree Plan

So after a few months into everything, are you feeling ahead of schedule to finish by May or behind schedule. Also, of the requirements left which one(s) are you most worried about or not looking forward to?
MS CSIA From WGU - December 2018
B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
JTP Wrote:So after a few months into everything, are you feeling ahead of schedule to finish by May or behind schedule. Also, of the requirements left which one(s) are you most worried about or not looking forward to?

Overall I feel that I am ahead of schedule and feel very happy with my progress. While I might not be moving as fast as some, I'm doing ok with the balance between family, work, and school. Taking CBEs instead of structured classes are allowing me to make adjustments as I need to. Now something occurred this week that may shift my priorities and may cause me to slow down a little, but finishing by May is still a possibility.

My biggest concern is Managerial Accounting. It has been over 5 years since I had Financial Accounting and it was a struggle then. Leaning towards straighter line but considering taking the class at my local CC. I have a lot of down time around the holidays, so planning to start in mid December to take advantage of that. I have read the warnings about the Strategic Management TECEP, but going to take a crack at it and use Penn Foster as a failback if necessary.
Andy

Current Degree Plan

Because of last month scheduling issue, I did not complete any requirements this month. I have Liberal Arts Math TECEP in October term and Nutrition and Technical Writing TECEPs in November term. Those three will finish up the "extra TECEPs for residency category"

ajs1976 Wrote:Now something occurred this week that may shift my priorities and may cause me to slow down a little, but finishing by May is still a possibility.

Got a new job. Smile A big reason I was working on my degree was to help with the job hunt. When I got the offer, I spent some time reconsidering my degree plan for something that might be of more value then the BSBA:CIS. I looked into going back to COSC to finish the Information Systems concentration, switching to the BA in CS at TESC, or adding a Certificate at TESC. I have decided to stay the course. If I hit a stumbling block with Accounting or Strategic Management, I may change but I'm going to wait until I get to that point.
Andy

Current Degree Plan

ajs1976 Wrote:Got a new job. Smile A big reason I was working on my degree was to help with the job hunt.

cheersmate Well done sir!

I actually just started a new job too. I received a surprise call from someone who knew somebody who knew someone who knew me and wanted to know if I wanted a slight career move still within IT for a new position.

Now I'm feeling somewhat similar to you trying to balance learning a lot of new stuff, be apart of my family and find time to chip away at the few remaining degree requirements.

Would your new organization care much about what kind of degree you complete as long as it is IT related? I know with DoD work sometimes it would change your job category and what kind of promotions you could go for later on.
MS CSIA From WGU - December 2018
B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
A.S. - COSC - May 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,786 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,048 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,683 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,294 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 5,042 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,512 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,153 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,539 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,837 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,647 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32