Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread
Congrats on the new job to you too. cheersmate

The new place seemed ok with the BSBA:CIS. Was thinking more towards grad school. I'm really interested in the programs at DSU and having a more CS-like degree with more programming would help.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

Completed the Liberal Arts TECEP earlier in October for another residency requirement. The new job is taking up a lot of time, so progress has slowed, but I have been listening to iTunesU videos on Macroeconomics on my long commute. As I transition to a closer office, I will have more time.

I have the Technical Writing and Nutrition TECEPs scheduled for the November term and just started Straighterlines Macroeconomics. With downtime around thanksgiving and a couple of additional days off, I'm hoping to get through all three by the end of the month.
Andy

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics

Any progress to note?
MS CSIA From WGU - December 2018
B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
with the new job, progress had first slowed down and then stopped. I passed the Technical Writing TECEP, but after that work got out of hand. Priorities have changed and I will be focusing on the updating my Microsoft certs. After that, I will be back to the BSBA:CIS.

Up until this week, I was considering switching to the BA:CS. The courses were more interesting to me and it would help with possible grad programs. After reading about the upcoming changes at TESU, it looks like it is best if I stay with BSBA:CIS and just get it done and move on.
Andy

Current Degree Plan

June 2016 update:

So much for my accountability thread keeping me accountable.

Currently, studying for the Strategic Management TECEP with plans for my first attempt in early August. If I pass and I have been moved to temporary office location (5 minutes from CLEP test center), I will focus on the Macro CLEP next. If I do not pass, schedule 2nd attempt for 30 days later. Need to pass by November to maintain enrollment.

With only three requirements left, I'm so close I can taste it. Work should settle down for me in August and hoping to get everything wrapped up so I can apply for graduation in November.
Andy

Current Degree Plan

July update:

Strategic Management is scheduled for next Sunday. Not sure if I will have to reschedule it again because of work. Have to see what comes up this week. Not studying as much as I had planned, but getting through the material.

I'm not moving to the office near the testing center, but still planning on taking Macro Econ Clep. I have all of the material I need.

Since the Managerial Accounting TECEP is all multiple choice, I decided I will try it. I ordered the book on Friday.
Andy

Current Degree Plan

Sounds great! Keep going!
cookderosa Wrote:Sounds great! Keep going!

Thanks Jennifer. That means a lot.

ajs1976 Wrote:Since the Managerial Accounting TECEP is all multiple choice, I decided I will try it. I ordered the book on Friday.

And the ridiculous 1,200 page book showed up tonight. I put it on the shelf and will not do anything with it until I pass the Strategic Management TECEP.
Andy

Current Degree Plan

ajs1976 Wrote:And the ridiculous 1,200 page book showed up tonight. I put it on the shelf and will not do anything with it until I pass the Strategic Management TECEP.

I agree, I can't imagine reading that whole thing, so I decided to take it via SL instead. Still not easy, but I think it might take me forever to get through that book (and it's been 25 years since I've taken Financial Accounting).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Its been 7 or 8 years since I have taken Financial Accounting. I'm not planning on reading much of the book. I am going to use the exam guide and index to create a bunch of flash cards. SL is plan B.
Andy

Current Degree Plan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,753 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,016 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,638 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,276 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 4,980 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,485 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,114 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,501 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,800 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,590 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32