05-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Goblue34 Wrote:At Patten each course has a paper or project and a test, what I really like is the 80% is an average, so you could do well on one (Mainly projects) and average on the other. I think that is a real advantage for Patten, and should not be overlooked.
Goblue34 Wrote:When comparing the programs I cannot say enough how I like Patten's 80% average for the class vs WGU 80% on both assessments.
As someone who got an MBA from WGU... I thought I'd chime in here about WGU assessments, particularly performance assessments. When I did my MBA, every course was a performance assessment (meaning papers) or software simulation or both. (From what I've heard they've added in some proctored tests at the Masters level also.) One thing to understand about performance assessments is that if you do not pass it the first time you submit it, you get it back with notes about where you went wrong. The goal is developing understanding, so you can correct papers and resubmit them multiple times if needed. All the courses are pass / fail, so when your papers get approved you move on. With proctored exams (which they use a lot of at the bachelor level) they provide practice exams and (just like with the performance assessment) if you don't pass it the first time you take it that isn't the only opportunity you have.
I thought that might be a significant point to bring up since most places don't give you more than one chance to make the grade.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)