Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AOS for BA in Psych - length of time, tips, etc.
SDC also has a study guide and test prep for the Abnormal Psych TECEP: https://study.com/academy/course/tecep-a...-prep.html
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
Thanks, NolaRice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
I've posted advice about the Abnormal Psych TECEP before if you want to look it up. It wasn't my thread. I think the title had Abnormal and TECEP in it.

(07-19-2019, 03:02 PM)NolaRice Wrote: Working on the Abnormal Psy TECEP

Hey NolaRice!

How did this TECEP go for you? Since it's UL, curious how intense it is!

I'll need to take a TECEP to keep enrollment alive and am checking this one out or the Psych of Women one.

Thanks!!

Danielle
(09-03-2019, 08:36 AM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 03:02 PM)NolaRice Wrote: Working on the Abnormal Psy TECEP

Hey NolaRice!

How did this TECEP go for you? Since it's UL, curious how intense it is!

I'll need to take a TECEP to keep enrollment alive and am checking this one out or the Psych of Women one.

Thanks!!

Danielle

I don't think it was intense at all! I did minimal studying and did well, though I do have some personal knowledge of the subject. If you do well on the questions on the study guide, you'll do well on the exam.
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
Quote:I don't think it was intense at all! I did minimal studying and did well, though I do have some personal knowledge of the subject. If you do well on the questions on the study guide, you'll do well on the exam.

That is awesome news! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

SO I'll renew my SDC membership to access the study guide and take it before my enrollment expires. THANK YOU!!!

Danielle Smile
Hey All!

I'm checking out JSD's outline and since I took Study.com's Social Psychology I back on 12/13/17 I believe it is considered UL by itself (right before they downgraded it). Do you think they will still take it as UL since I had to reenroll in 2019?

How does this then work with the 6 credit Social Psych requirement? I see that you can make the requirement UL with the UExcel Social Psychology exam, but I don't want to if I don't need to.

So, could this work? SDC UL Social Psychology (PSY-104) + SDC LL Advanced Social Psychology (PSY-316) = 6 UL credits?

Thanks for your help with this!

Smile
(02-23-2020, 10:49 AM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: Hey All!

I'm checking out JSD's outline and since I took Study.com's Social Psychology I back on 12/13/17 I believe it is considered UL by itself (right before they downgraded it). Do you think they will still take it as UL since I had to reenroll in 2019?

How does this then work with the 6 credit Social Psych requirement? I see that you can make the requirement UL with the UExcel Social Psychology exam, but I don't want to if I don't need to.

So, could this work? SDC UL Social Psychology (PSY-104) + SDC LL Advanced Social Psychology (PSY-316) = 6 UL credits?

Smile

PSY 104: Social Psychology has ALWAYS been ACE-recommended for LL.  At some point in the past, TESU may have let it count for UL, but they downgraded it back in 2017, and now, if you transfer it into your degree, no matter when you took it, it's LL (this will not affect anyone who transferred it in prior to the downgrade and already has it on their eval).

This is one of the reasons we say to transfer courses into a school sooner rather than later - these kinds of things happen.

And, for whatever reason, even though study.com went and got the course upgraded through ACE, TESU doesn't bring in PSY 316: Advanced Social Psychology as UL.  It's unfortunate.

Anyway, you need the UL UExcel exam now to fulfill the 2nd half of the requirement.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-23-2020, 07:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-23-2020, 10:49 AM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: Hey All!

Smile

PSY 104: Social Psychology has ALWAYS been ACE-recommended for LL.  At some point in the past, TESU may have let it count for UL, but they downgraded it back in 2017, and now, if you transfer it into your degree, no matter when you took it, it's LL (this will not affect anyone who transferred it in prior to the downgrade and already has it on their eval).

This is one of the reasons we say to transfer courses into a school sooner rather than later - these kinds of things happen.

And, for whatever reason, even though study.com went and got the course upgraded through ACE, TESU doesn't bring in PSY 316: Advanced Social Psychology as UL.  It's unfortunate.

Anyway, you need the UL UExcel exam now to fulfill the 2nd half of the requirement.

Oh poop, that is what I feared. Thanks for confirming, @dfrecore! I appreciate your help immensely!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
Question Local proctoring experiences/tips? jch 17 2,182 10-30-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
Question TECEP Study Tips For CMP-354 Network Technology udi 41 7,167 09-09-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU academic evaluation hasn't been returned since 1/23/23. Is that enough time? CanICode 10 1,253 08-04-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  TESU BACS & BSBA CIS at the same time? CanICode 25 3,113 07-10-2023, 08:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Psy352 psych personality Akegge 0 298 03-13-2023, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Akegge
  TESU Discrete Math - other cost/time options onlinelearner99 9 2,035 09-27-2022, 02:13 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  upper level psych courses.....suggestions? CM1999 2 676 01-02-2022, 02:40 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Easy associate degrees at TESU, while obtaining Psych degree. OliviasDad 4 809 11-16-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az