Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph.D. in Visionary Practice and Regenerative Leadership
(08-07-2022, 09:01 PM)Sagan Wrote:
Quote: I imagine that time will close the rift.

When CHEA eliminates the distinction and pushes RA schools (and the RAs themselves) to eliminate the distinction, then I'll listen.

Listen to what?  No one is trying to convince you of anything or otherwise change your mind.  AFAIC you can do whatever.
(08-08-2022, 11:30 AM)ss20ts Wrote: I will not change my mind. Please do not act like you know what's best for people on here. You don't know us. I am not able to travel as I am disabled and need assistance. So no an in person residency is not for me. 

It's great that there are some people who can give up their family and jobs for 8 weeks in the summer multiple years in a row. I suspect few people can do that. 

I have completed multiple degrees at multiple colleges and universities without knowing my classmates. I've done just fine. As an introvert, I'm cool with not having to mingle with people I don't know.

This is twice you've responded in this manner. It is unnecessary.

I said "consider." As in, "there are other viewpoints and I'll share one." It's not the same as telling you what to do.

(08-08-2022, 12:09 PM)Alpha Wrote:
(08-07-2022, 09:01 PM)Sagan Wrote:
Quote: I imagine that time will close the rift.

When CHEA eliminates the distinction and pushes RA schools (and the RAs themselves) to eliminate the distinction, then I'll listen.

Listen to what?  No one is trying to convince you of anything or otherwise change your mind.  AFAIC you can do whatever.

I shall. But thank you.
This sounds like a school that people who would attend University of Metaphysics / University of Sedona should go if they want an accredited degree and could actually afford it.
I wonder if there is an "in between", the OP mentioned the cost of the degree would be around $45K. Not sure if there comparable NA or RA offerings for an affordable price, like say, half that cost or not. U of Metaphysics/Sedona do not have accreditation, for learning they may be alright to use, but it's up to the student to decide if that institution hits all their requirements or not.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Looking at this program makes me think that there could be value in it if the person becomes a Dr. and wants to do holistic natural guidance (counseling) as they could say Dr. and use the title as a source of legitimacy allowing for higher payment potentials. Combine this with a degree as an herbalist and a psych degree for counseling and you could have a pot friendly spiritual healer clinic setup in no time. Having grown up around several families that would fit within that lifestyle, having a Dr level leader for the community would be beneficial.
In Progress: 
Excelsior - BPS Business and Management
Study.com - Business 307, Sociology 305, Psychology 315
ASU - Algebra, PreCalc, Calculus
Luna - Bio2 Lab

Completed: 
Universidad Isabel I - MBA/Master Bus & Corp Comm
Kirkwood - AAS Business Administration, Certificate of Human Resources 3.8 GPA
Excelsior - AAS Applied Technologies Electronics 4.0 GPA
TADA - Google Project Management, Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
CSM Learn
US Navy (Electronics Tech 3rd Class) - NER-ET-004, NV-2202-0165 V02, NV-1715-1788 V01, NV-1715-1796 V01, NV-1715-1585 V01, NV-1715-1336 V02

TECEP: 9 Credits
Man-3730, OPM-3010, Bus-3110

Study.com: 6 Credits
Philosophy 301

Lawshelf: 15 Credits
BUS-201, BUS-301, BUS-302, GOV-202, EMP-301

CLEP: 48 Credits
College Math, Financial Accounting, Principles of Micro & Macroeconomics, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Intro Business Law, Principles of Marketing, Biology, US History 1 & 2, Humanities

DSST: 9 Credits
Principles of Public Speaking, Ethics in America, Principles of Supervision
(08-03-2022, 02:31 AM)ashkir Wrote: So here's a surprising one I didn't see coming, but, I'm sure there will be some interest in it. Ph.D. in Visionary Practice and Regenerative Leadership. Accredited by Higher Learning Commission, previously regional (there's no such thing as regional "legally" anymore). 

This is the first accredited "spiritual" university I've seen, that seems to draw a lot from the mythic arts and the local artist community of Santa Fe. 

https://www.swc.edu/visionary-practice-a...rship-phd/

Almost all online. 3 residencies, 6 days, 4 days, and 4 days. All residencies in Santa Fe, New Mexico. 

Total cost $45,750

$45k jeez.. are there any advanced courses in psychedelics or other instruments to get one to a higher plane?
Wonder if there is anything remotely close to the study/subjects and accredited for less than half the price...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Arkansas Leadership PhD, $20.5k freeloader 5 1,103 03-26-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Purdue Global (PUG) EdD in Leadership and Innovation walruspanda 16 1,031 03-01-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  UCA Ph.D. Change Leadership Update + Facts mohelena02 2 491 11-05-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: mohelena02
  Doctor of Professional Practice (can possibly use free graduate certificate) sanantone 4 1,077 01-20-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Multiple Capstone Options sanantone 5 1,406 07-15-2022, 02:11 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Competency-Based Leadership Doctorates and MA at Andrews University sanantone 2 1,662 09-19-2021, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  UMass EdD in Organizational Leadership ashkir 10 1,893 08-31-2021, 09:47 PM
  NCAT PhD in Leadership ashkir 8 1,539 08-24-2021, 03:44 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  DBA or PH.D in Educational Leadership for more opportunities lucianovalente 8 1,783 05-22-2020, 04:30 PM