Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting from scratch, where to begin?
Thank you.
(07-10-2019, 05:00 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Thank you. That is good to know! I was wondering, are the courses wich they are for every degree the same? I have looked into a lot of program examples but dont find it. If so maybe i can take a course first to find out how it is to take an english course and study in English. I dont have a clept center in my country or neigbour countrys.

At TESU, the General Education section is virtually the same for every degree. Certainly the basic English courses will apply to not only all TESU degrees, but the rest of the Big3 as well. Courses like College Algebra, Sociology, World History, etc will also be universally useful.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
So with the international tuition, it looks like TESU is the most expensive option. What about a bals or sociology from the other two?
It depends. You need to have your existing credits evaluated first.
(07-11-2019, 06:00 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: So with the international tuition, it looks like TESU is the most expensive option. What about a bals or sociology from the other two?

What international tuition? TESU charges international students the same tuition they do U.S. students. The only extra expenses would be fees for the TOEFL to have your foreign transcripts evaluated.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I thought for out of state students the credits are less then $544 ? This is the price for international students.

Maybe is a bals not a good idea. Nobody in my country knows it. Common degrees are bachelor in communication, laws, sciense, business administration etc. I have a look to the oppurtunitys for transfer my credits, this also not a easy proces. And it have no general courses.
(07-11-2019, 06:02 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: It depends. You need to have your existing credits evaluated first.

Also you stated you had mostly communications courses - those that don't fall into your AOS will likely fill many slots of your Gen Eds (as Communications falls under Humanities at TESU- https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2016-and-after).  Until you have your formal evaluation you won't know for sure what your missing, but you may be closer than you realize.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Thank you. But i think things like algebra are not in that category? I dont see it in that list.
There is a section in TESU’s degree requirements called ‘Gen-Ed Electives. For most degrees, this section requires about 12 credits. All Math courses would satisfy these requirements. You could also use other Humanities courses, like Political Science, Philodophy, Language etc. to fill up this section. There is another section called ‘Free Electives’, and this is usually between 21-27 credits. Here too, you could use Math courses. If your communication courses are evaluated and accepted, some of them would fall either in the Free Electives section or the Gen-Ed Electives section. Here, you could use a wider variety of courses to satisfy the requirements. For example, I completed four courses on Education- all of which, fall into the Free Electives section.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Hallo, mijn vriend uit Nederland! Hmm, I see you posted on the sister forum (DegreeInfo) the same question within the Beginner's Guide... Have you read the guide on either site? The following is the recommendation I would go by:

1) Kizmet sent you a link to a university in the Netherlands - Utrecht University, they seem to offer online Bachelors and Masters. I would research more in regards to that school and other Universities in the Netherlands that may offer online degrees. The main reason is cheap/easy/fast, a Dutch education is actually cheaper than in the US. It's local to you as well...

2) If you need to get a USA education, then you can get your Communications credits evaluated. Most likely you will have your major and free electives completed or very close, you will mainly need to get you General Education courses completed. In fact, the general education course are the easiest to get!

3) Review the advice provided, the one thing to note is, you do not need to take courses at TESU. You can transfer up to 114 credits into a 120 credit program. You just pay for what you take, the Cornerstone and Capstone. In the odd chance your missing required courses, you can try to complete 16 credits at TESU, this will remove the residency waiver fee requirement.

BTW, Welcome to the board! I hope to read more of your journey... if you need help, don't hesitate to ask, we're here for you.
Have fun, read lots, enjoy your learning... Tot ziens en een goede dag.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Netflix is Hiring an AI-Focused Role—and the Starting Salary is up to $900,000 LevelUP 1 348 07-31-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  College grads overestimating starting salaries... bjcheung77 7 667 05-10-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Superstars get educated too! 13 years after starting... bjcheung77 2 599 05-16-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Northwestern University is offering online bachelor's degrees starting Fall 2022 nyvrem 1 1,166 12-25-2021, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Pikachu
  UMPI YourPace now offering BABA Marketing starting in August ashkir 3 1,524 04-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Special Education/ECE- starting from scratch amomwholearns 3 943 08-11-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Starting from scratch.. Mirsie 13 2,435 07-29-2019, 04:08 PM
Last Post: lacussucceed
  Any "Start From Scratch" members willing to share their journey? Idreamofadegree 23 4,833 07-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!) Mil0 127 17,397 06-24-2019, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Cheapest current BSBA from scratch? HAVEaSigAR 5 1,589 02-22-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: HAVEaSigAR