Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting from scratch, where to begin?
First things first, im a girl from Europe. I have 120 bachelor credits in communication. I dont think i can transfer these credits? I would like to earn a bachelor degree in distance learning. Not specificy in communications. I have seen many post about study pad, free course, credits etc. I dont know where to begin. Iknow study is in America expensive. How can i "earn" a degree? Where to start? And i think i need a Toefl exam first?
You will need to have your credits evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Indeed you will need a certain TOEFL or IELTS score. But I'm not sure this would be the fastest/cheapest/best option for you.
What is your goal? Why do you need a degree?
I don't understand if you already have a Bachelor's why do you need another one? Unless you need a USA Bachelor's but at rate, you might be better off getting a USA masters online.
Thank you all. I dont have a bachelor. I dont finished it. And distance learning is not a common thing in my country. Im wondering what is better. Starting from scratch or getting my ec translate to usa credits. Sorry for my terrible English. I have a big jetlag from my vacation.
So after a quick look, TES is the only one who have a communications bachelor.
Hi. I am an international student who has just completed a BA-LS at TESU. I had to submit my TOEFL report at the time of enrollment. So, if you can, enrol for the TOEFL or IELTS test right away, and get done with it. I suppose the process of evaluating your transcripts is going to take a month or so. You could use this period to complete TOEFL or IELTS.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Good to know, thank you. Do you remember what score you need?
At minimum, TOEFL scores should be 500 on the paper examination, 213 on the computer-based or 79 on the Internet-based test.
At minimum, the IELTS score should be 6.5.
I don't know any schools that specifically have a degree in distance learning, I've not really heard of that.

I think you're much better off getting a WES evaluation, applying to TESU for the Communications degree, and being done. You can pursue the Education portion through a grad cert, teaching credential, master's degree, or something else, after you're done with a BA in Comm.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'm pretty sure the degree on distance learning was a translation error. And indeed, getting a course by course evaluation from ECE or WES would be a first step.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College grads overestimating starting salaries... bjcheung77 7 636 05-10-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Superstars get educated too! 13 years after starting... bjcheung77 2 589 05-16-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Northwestern University is offering online bachelor's degrees starting Fall 2022 nyvrem 1 1,145 12-25-2021, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Pikachu
  UMPI YourPace now offering BABA Marketing starting in August ashkir 3 1,488 04-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Special Education/ECE- starting from scratch amomwholearns 3 927 08-11-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Starting from scratch.. Mirsie 13 2,392 07-29-2019, 04:08 PM
Last Post: lacussucceed
  Any "Start From Scratch" members willing to share their journey? Idreamofadegree 23 4,760 07-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!) Mil0 127 17,048 06-24-2019, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Cheapest current BSBA from scratch? HAVEaSigAR 5 1,555 02-22-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: HAVEaSigAR
  Soon to be 47 yr old starting from scratch! jadebos 9 2,113 01-26-2019, 08:15 AM
Last Post: jadebos