Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting from scratch, where to begin?
(07-10-2019, 02:27 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: I'm pretty sure the degree on distance learning was a translation error. And indeed, getting a course by course evaluation from ECE or WES would be a first step.

Yeah, I read this post as a degree via distance learning. Has many credits in communication, but unsure if they will transfer. Degree doesn't necessarily have to be in communications.

Sorry, it was a translation mistake. What is ece? Thank you for youre help so far.
(07-10-2019, 03:53 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Sorry, it was a translation mistake. What is ece? Thank you for youre help so far.

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
www.ece.org

World Educational Services, Inc. (WES)
www.wes.org
Just in case you haven't found third page at TESU, yet. 

https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/apply-in...al-student
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thank you. That is good to know! I was wondering, are the courses wich they are for every degree the same? I have looked into a lot of program examples but dont find it. If so maybe i can take a course first to find out how it is to take an english course and study in English. I dont have a clept center in my country or neigbour countrys.
Please use this link: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/online-degrees

You could click on each degree to see the course requirements and other details for that particular degree. The Gen-Ed courses- like English writing, Quantitative analysis, Diversity, Natural Sciences, etc.- are more or less the same for all degrees. Some of the credits you have earned in your country, and are trying to evaluate and transfer, might fulfill these requirements. In my country too, there are no CLEP/DSST exams offered. So, I mainly used study.com to fulfill my requirements. You will find all the course names in my signature. If you want to complete English composition courses, look up for Eng-104 & Eng-105 on study.com. I think these two courses might also serve as an excellent preparation for the writing section in your TOEFL. Additionally, there are many free TOEFL resources on YouTube for the listening and speaking sections.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Thank you so much!

So i have read that information. It looks like all studys in America have a general part. Like English and math/algebra (where can i do this part, Aleks?). In my country i think about 80/90% is about the major. So that makes transfer diccifult. Because i have a lot of communication courses, and nothing general.
You could use course providers like Study.com, Saylor, Straighterline, Aleks etc for these Gen-Ed requirements. Aleks can only be used for your Math requirements. There is also CSM-Learn’s Quantitative skills course, which can be used to fulfill your quantitative analysis requirements. Just look in my signature; you will find all course names and providers.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Thank you so much Smile

Where can i find youre signature? I look at youre profile but dont see it.
Right under the post, it starts with TESU BALS and a list of all the providers (bold) and courses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College grads overestimating starting salaries... bjcheung77 7 636 05-10-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Superstars get educated too! 13 years after starting... bjcheung77 2 589 05-16-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Northwestern University is offering online bachelor's degrees starting Fall 2022 nyvrem 1 1,146 12-25-2021, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Pikachu
  UMPI YourPace now offering BABA Marketing starting in August ashkir 3 1,489 04-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Special Education/ECE- starting from scratch amomwholearns 3 927 08-11-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Starting from scratch.. Mirsie 13 2,392 07-29-2019, 04:08 PM
Last Post: lacussucceed
  Any "Start From Scratch" members willing to share their journey? Idreamofadegree 23 4,767 07-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!) Mil0 127 17,063 06-24-2019, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Cheapest current BSBA from scratch? HAVEaSigAR 5 1,558 02-22-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: HAVEaSigAR
  Soon to be 47 yr old starting from scratch! jadebos 9 2,115 01-26-2019, 08:15 AM
Last Post: jadebos