Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting from scratch, where to begin?
(07-14-2019, 09:43 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: I just find out that the big 3 are different in the toefl score i need. So if i have a lower score i can look at the others. TESU needs the highest (79). I just start with the English pre college course from Saylor.(not for credits just to prepare) Are there (free) credit courses which are not for all the big 3 valid?

One of the nice things about using alternative credit is that if you don't pass your TOEFL, you can still gather credit while you study to raise your score.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Yes but i have to pass it before i can send my transcript for evaluation. So if i never get a good score, i never get a degree. Thats why i first need to take my toefl.
Your TOEFL has nothing to do with your evaluation. TESU will evaluate your previously earned credits even if you are not formally enrolled. I think TESU offers two evaluations before enrolment. You need your TOEFL to actually enrol. In my experience, it is not so difficult to get a 79 on TOEFL iBT. There are 4 sections, each worth 30 points. You are basically aiming to get a 20 in each. It is entirely possible. You just need good practice.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Thank you u didnt know that. If i apply and send a transcript. Do i pay for every time i send a transcript in to the same university?
You need to get all your transcripts evaluated course by course first, this is not done by the university, you'll need to pay and follow the instructions of the company (wes.org).
After that you'll need to send that course-by-course evaluation and probably also the transcripts, but I'm not sure about that, to the all institutions of your choice.

I'm pretty sure you'll have to pay for each evaluation, the most important is you get your transcripts evaluated course-by-course as soon as possible. TESU (and others) will not evaluate international transcripts without this third-party course-by-course evaluation.
And they use not all the same evaluation company.
ECE is accepted by all Big 3, WES is not accepted by EC (no comms I suppose). Perhaps you could convince EC as they do accept WES for graduate level.
Which one uses another evaluation company?
EC was the one. It is so hard to find out everything. I hope its worth the hassle Smile

EC need a Subject Analysis where others need a course by course.
Who can help me out? I realy struggle with toefl speaking. Im wonder if i can get 79 points on a Toefl to get in TESU(excelsior is only 69 points). A other way to get in Excelsior is to take uexcel engx110( but it shuts the door for tesu) . And this is also one of the two needed English courses i think? Can anyone explain the difference for me between a bachelor of arts and sciense? It looks like the first one have more arts needed? And are the ul courses harder to get (without clep etc) if i choose excelsior instead of tesu? Because my communication credits it is realy hard to decide what to do. TESU looks like a better fit i think? But if i dont get in....
What were the results of the course by course evaluation?
Do you have the free and cheap (math) credits?
Speaking is only 1/4 of Toefl. You can also try to submit coursework.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College grads overestimating starting salaries... bjcheung77 7 636 05-10-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Superstars get educated too! 13 years after starting... bjcheung77 2 589 05-16-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Northwestern University is offering online bachelor's degrees starting Fall 2022 nyvrem 1 1,146 12-25-2021, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Pikachu
  UMPI YourPace now offering BABA Marketing starting in August ashkir 3 1,488 04-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Special Education/ECE- starting from scratch amomwholearns 3 927 08-11-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Starting from scratch.. Mirsie 13 2,392 07-29-2019, 04:08 PM
Last Post: lacussucceed
  Any "Start From Scratch" members willing to share their journey? Idreamofadegree 23 4,763 07-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!) Mil0 127 17,054 06-24-2019, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Cheapest current BSBA from scratch? HAVEaSigAR 5 1,558 02-22-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: HAVEaSigAR
  Soon to be 47 yr old starting from scratch! jadebos 9 2,115 01-26-2019, 08:15 AM
Last Post: jadebos