Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
XAMK
Has anymore actually finished and sent a transcript to any school?

I'm asking because I finally decided to finish a few of their courses, but they only seem to send transcripts to the student.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

if they only send transcripts to students, then there's no way to transfer XAMK credits to any university or college in US or Canada.
Universities require transcripts to be directly mailed by the institution, not by student.
(11-17-2020, 10:22 AM)nomaduser Wrote: if they only send transcripts to students, then there's no way to transfer XAMK credits to any university or college in US or Canada.
Universities require transcripts to be directly mailed by the institution, not by student.
I know, I was more or less asking if someone figured out a way to get them to send a transcript. I did ask if XAMK could send a transcript to a school, but I haven't received an answer yet. So I thought I'd ask here while I waited for an answer.

Their transcript request service is a little weird and wanted to see if maybe it was user error and not that they just don't send out transcripts.

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • nomaduser
Also, please ask them if the transcript will list letter grades.
Many universities in US won't easily accept course credits without letter grades....
I realized some online universities will give you 'P (pass)' grade but that's not what universities want. You need normal letter grades (A,B,C,D) on transcript.
Well just got my answer.

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Maybe you can forward the transcript of records to your school via email.

Best regards,

(11-17-2020, 10:39 AM)nomaduser Wrote: Also, please ask them if the transcript will list letter grades.
Many universities in US won't easily accept course credits without letter grades....
I realized some online universities will give you 'P (pass)' grade but that's not what universities want. You need normal letter grades (A,B,C,D) on transcript.
They give Hs for the Open University courses. They are basically pass or fail.

Are you on the discord? The course leader, Dr. Jan Storgards is very nice and quite eager to help students transfer XAMK credits elsewhere. I haven't attempted to do it myself yet but I think he's going to be the most help.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-17-2020, 11:11 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Hello,

Best regards,

Yeah, that will never be accepted at universities. They will consider that 'unofficial'....
Also, letter grades are important when you try to transfer credits.

So, if you think their diploma is valuable, you can go ahead with the program but their credits won't transfer easily....
(11-17-2020, 11:14 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Are you on the discord? The course leader, Dr. Jan Storgards is very nice and quite eager to help students transfer XAMK credits elsewhere. I haven't attempted to do it myself yet but I think he's going to be the most help.
No, but it's looking like I should go on it. Thank you.

(11-17-2020, 11:18 AM)nomaduser Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 11:11 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Hello,

Best regards,

Yeah, that will never be accepted at universities. They will consider that 'unofficial'....
Also, letter grades are important when you try to transfer credits.

So, if you think their diploma is valuable, you can go ahead with the program but their credits won't transfer easily....
I already finished the diploma. I more or less did it because it was something interesting and free. I don't mine if the credits don't transfer over. I didn't really lose anything doing it, I was more or less curious if anyone managed to make it work.

So I emailed the coordinator and things are looking up. I hope this helps someone in the future.

Good Morning ROYISAGIRL

Thank you for your email. You are actually first one mentioning this. All transcript we send to you or the students are formal and from Finnish university education system and they are there stored basically for life time. I want to emphasize they are formal University credits. I understand it is a policy rather than not believing in US and Canada.

We will have a chat in our next meeting if we could provide such service sending it to directly to a university or a working place.

In Europe it is indeed a bit more flexible.

If you urgently need such thing we can obviously make a exception with you as you are bringing this up for use and we are happy to pilot it.

[-] The following 4 users Like ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • nomaduser, rachel83az, StoicJ, unfilteredsoul
ROYISAGIRL Wrote:I already finished the diploma.

Congratulations! How does a diploma look like?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 440 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  XAMK- video game creation help Personherebb9 2 656 08-08-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: flosfillin
  Finnish Universities (XAMK etc.) (incl. CS/IT courses!) sarahmac 32 7,493 06-16-2023, 02:38 PM
Last Post: wow
  Getting HAKA access with Xamk? freddiebear 12 2,113 06-01-2023, 12:44 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 951 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 62 7,266 04-23-2022, 02:32 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  can't log in to XAMK Learn wow 3 811 04-14-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Details on XAMK Courses? bdarei 7 1,253 04-02-2022, 05:56 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  XAMK Tourism Diploma rachel83az 21 4,016 10-17-2021, 07:18 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Free XAMK online courses for college credits? nomaduser 27 4,706 01-05-2021, 11:28 AM
Last Post: nomaduser