Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
XAMK
So I did get a positive response. Right now they are on holiday (makes sense lol), but there is a plan in place. Fingers crossed this goes how we all want it. I've never done a WES or ECE courses by course evaluation before does anyone know how long it normally takes?

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • rachel83az
(12-22-2020, 01:10 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: So I  did get a positive response. Right now they are on  holiday (makes sense lol), but there is a plan in place. Fingers crossed this goes how we all want it.  I've never done a WES or ECE courses by course evaluation before does anyone know how long it normally takes?

My girlfriend did her bachelor's degree in Mexico and we had her degree evaluated at WES and it took about a month and a half from payment to actually getting the evaluation done. A week of that was lost getting her official school transcripts and getting the Spanish to English translation done.
A little off-topic, but are any of the individuals attending XAMK able to access XAMK Learn (learn.xamk.fi)? It stopped working for me yesterday. (And maybe it's doubly bad that I'm asking here since I posted this question on " General "Big 3", B&M colleges, and other colleges", but I don't think anyone actually attending XAMK saw that post. I'm kind of eager to find a solution since one of my classes ends Wednesday.)
(12-27-2020, 10:15 AM)wow Wrote: A little off-topic, but are any of the individuals attending XAMK able to access XAMK Learn (learn.xamk.fi)? It stopped working for me yesterday. (And maybe it's doubly bad that I'm asking here since I posted this question on " General "Big 3", B&M colleges, and other colleges", but I don't think anyone actually attending XAMK saw that post. I'm kind of eager to find a solution since one of my classes ends Wednesday.)

I think that's a customized 501 error page so there's not much you can do beyond emailing XAMK and explaining that you can't log in. They may be on vacation until the 4th, though, so I'm not sure what will happen with your class. Hopefully, they reset the end dates so you can still complete the course.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
It doesn't work for me either. "Web Login Service - Unsupported Request." 
Maria will be at her office on 28 December and after that on 4 January.
Hopefully they'll resolve it tomorrow.
(12-27-2020, 12:57 PM)unfilteredsoul Wrote: It doesn't work for me either. "Web Login Service - Unsupported Request." 
Thanks for responding! I'm in the rehabilitation program, so I don't think Maria would be my contact. And I can't find my prof's email either because I never wrote it down (it's in the class materials in XAMK Learn). I did contact tech support, so hopefully they'll look at it tomorrow.
(12-27-2020, 06:41 PM)wow Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 12:57 PM)unfilteredsoul Wrote: It doesn't work for me either. "Web Login Service - Unsupported Request." 
Thanks for responding! I'm in the rehabilitation program, so I don't think Maria would be my contact. And I can't find my prof's email either because I never wrote it down (it's in the class materials in XAMK Learn). I did contact tech support, so hopefully they'll look at it tomorrow.

It's working again now! I just successfully logged into my brand new XAMK Moodle account.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
So, I don't know how it'd work with WES/ECE or any other evaluation service, but I just discovered where you can get your OFFICIAL XAMK transcript (as opposed to the one that they email you that has no verification information on it. Steps:

1. Log into the student intranet at https://student.xamk.fi/Sivut/default.aspx with your XAMK Learn username/password. You don't get one of these for the video game certificate but most/all other XAMK courses require a username/password. 
  2. Struggle to set your language to English because it's a university page and keeps showing you things in Finnish. 
  3. On the student intranet home page, scroll down and look for the box labeled "Tools" on the right side. 
  4. Click the link that says "Peppi".
  5. Click the "Orders" button up at the top. The button is also a drop-down menu where you can download a PDF of instructions. Just click on Orders.
  6. Choose "Transcript of records without implementation parts". I'm not sure what implementation parts are but they don't seem to apply to Open University courses.
  7. Go to the Documents tab and download your new PDF.
  8. PDF can be verified as authentic at https://www.xamk.fi/en/xamk2/authenticy/
My transcript at XAMK currently shows the video game courses I've completed. I expect that others will show up as I complete them.

Attached Files
.pdf   student_instruction.pdf (Size: 186.13 KB / Downloads: 61)
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
I started the programming course here a send the study modules.
The only thing good here is fully free and the other question is how can will I transfer those credits to TESU.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
I'm squeeing with excitement. So I started the process with WES and sent my reference number, WES's address(for physical transcripts) and a link from WES (transcripts electronically) to the wonderful people of XAMK. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. Gotta give it a couple of days to see what happens.

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 438 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  XAMK- video game creation help Personherebb9 2 654 08-08-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: flosfillin
  Finnish Universities (XAMK etc.) (incl. CS/IT courses!) sarahmac 32 7,484 06-16-2023, 02:38 PM
Last Post: wow
  Getting HAKA access with Xamk? freddiebear 12 2,112 06-01-2023, 12:44 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 949 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 62 7,262 04-23-2022, 02:32 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  can't log in to XAMK Learn wow 3 811 04-14-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Details on XAMK Courses? bdarei 7 1,251 04-02-2022, 05:56 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  XAMK Tourism Diploma rachel83az 21 4,015 10-17-2021, 07:18 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Free XAMK online courses for college credits? nomaduser 27 4,704 01-05-2021, 11:28 AM
Last Post: nomaduser