Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread
I'm going to borrow the accountability thread concept from what I have read on the wgustudent site. Maybe they are on other sites, but that is where I was first exposed to the idea. Due to the similar self-motivating nature of the Big3 and WGU, I think it will be a good tool and i'm looking to avoid repeating what happened with my time at COSC. I plan to update this on the last day of the month until I am finished with the program and have my degree.

Now that my transcript evaluational are complete, I have worked out my degree plan, and I am left with 12 requirements:

2 general education: English Comp I / TECEP and Marriage and Family (P&SR) / TECEP
3 business: Macroeconomics / CLEP, Managerial Accounting / SL, and Strategic Management / TECEP
3 CIS electives: MIS / DSST, Networking / TECEP, and Cyber Security / DSST
4 Extra TECEPs for residency - Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math, Nutrition, Intro to PR

I would like to finish all of the requirements by the end of next May. Averaging about 1 per month with some taking more then a month like Strategic Management and possibly Managerial Accounting and doubling up on others. Work issues, family commitments, and finances will all slow me down and I would like to fit in at least 2 IT certification exams in that same period, but that schedule should be doable for me.

I'm at the end of my first month and I was able to complete both the Computer Concepts and Applications TECEP and the MIS DSST. The Computer Concepts TECEP was very easy for me. I have worked in IT for 15 years and already have an AS. I took that TECEP to apply towards the residency requirement and figured it would be an easy first exam to use to familiarize myself with the whole TECEP process. I was reviewing the MIS DSST IC flashcards prior to taking the TECEP and it did help but I did not do any dedicated study for this exam. The COSC IS capstone class used an MIS book for the discussions and quizzes so that class amounted to a really expensive MIS DSST prep course for me. I went through the IC flash cards twice and they helped too.

In June, I'm hoping to complete the Networking TECEP and the Cyber Security DSST but with family vacation and a disaster recovery test at work, the Cyber Security DSST may get bumped to July.

This forum has been a great resource for me and I would like to thank everyone for your help through this journey.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

I'm at the end of my 2nd month. I did complete the Networking TECEP but because of family vacation and some unexpected time off at work, I have not been able to schedule the Cyber Security DSST.

I have taken a number of networking related IT Certification exams over the years, so the Networking TECEP was easy for me. To prepare I reviewed some chapters on a CCENT study guide and the networking chapters in my CISSP study guides. Very similar material to the Network+.

The Cyber Security DSST covers similar material to the SSCP which I passed in April. My primary source has been the 11th hour CISSP guide and I'm also studying for the CASP so there is overlap there as well. I feel I'm ready for the exam, but just need to find the time to schedule it. Hopefully I'll get it done in July.

I have the Eng Comp I TECEP scheduled for July term. Not much I can do to prepare for this one. I'm more worried about the time limits then the actual writing assessments.
Andy

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics

I'm scheduled for the Cyber Security DSST on July 9th. If I take it before you I'll let you know if I saw any curve balls.

I'm mainly brushing up on security+ topics I'm rusty on that weren't covered again in the CEH material. Hitting some professermesser videos and random practice quizzes.
MS CSIA From WGU - December 2018
B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
I'm spending a little extra time on cryptography.
Andy

Current Degree Plan

What an odd exam! Finished the Cybersecurity DSST a couple hours ago and passed, but barely 409. Granted I probably could have studied harder, things have just gotten crazy at work the past two weeks and I slacked off at studying in the evenings. The array of content is pretty vast but shallow depth. Most of the stuff was at least somewhat familiar working in IT, and having taken other security cert exams, but some of it was really outdated. One question related to a hacking technique specifically targeted at Windows NT, having just taken the CEH exam I was able to rule out things that were attacks I actually had heard of before and had a 50/50 shot from the two that sounded made up.

None the less a pass is a pass in my book.
MS CSIA From WGU - December 2018
B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
ajs1976 Wrote:I'm going to borrow the accountability thread concept from what I have read on the wgustudent site. Maybe they are on other sites, but that is where I was first exposed to the idea. Due to the similar self-motivating nature of the Big3 and WGU, I think it will be a good tool and i'm looking to avoid repeating what happened with my time at COSC. I plan to update this on the last day of the month until I am finished with the program and have my degree.

Now that my transcript evaluational are complete, I have worked out my degree plan, and I am left with 12 requirements:

2 general education: English Comp I / TECEP and Marriage and Family (P&SR) / TECEP
3 business: Macroeconomics / CLEP, Managerial Accounting / SL, and Strategic Management / TECEP
3 CIS electives: MIS / DSST, Networking / TECEP, and Cyber Security / DSST
4 Extra TECEPs for residency - Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math, Nutrition, Intro to PR

I would like to finish all of the requirements by the end of next May. Averaging about 1 per month with some taking more then a month like Strategic Management and possibly Managerial Accounting and doubling up on others. Work issues, family commitments, and finances will all slow me down and I would like to fit in at least 2 IT certification exams in that same period, but that schedule should be doable for me.

I'm at the end of my first month and I was able to complete both the Computer Concepts and Applications TECEP and the MIS DSST. The Computer Concepts TECEP was very easy for me. I have worked in IT for 15 years and already have an AS. I took that TECEP to apply towards the residency requirement and figured it would be an easy first exam to use to familiarize myself with the whole TECEP process. I was reviewing the MIS DSST IC flashcards prior to taking the TECEP and it did help but I did not do any dedicated study for this exam. The COSC IS capstone class used an MIS book for the discussions and quizzes so that class amounted to a really expensive MIS DSST prep course for me. I went through the IC flash cards twice and they helped too.

In June, I'm hoping to complete the Networking TECEP and the Cyber Security DSST but with family vacation and a disaster recovery test at work, the Cyber Security DSST may get bumped to July.

This forum has been a great resource for me and I would like to thank everyone for your help through this journey.

I love the concept of accountability!! Good luck, you'll do great!
JTP,

Congrats on the pass and thanks for the review.
Andy

Current Degree Plan

P.S. you inspired me to post my own accountability thread Smile I just posted that I'm learning French and will try to CLEP the language starting from zero. Thanks!
I love this idea. Jennifer, how did you name your thread?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:I love this idea. Jennifer, how did you name your thread?

It's this one Smile http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...-clep.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,751 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,013 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,637 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,276 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 4,938 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,484 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,114 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,500 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,795 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,583 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32