Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT: ALEKS users
Synicaal Wrote:You good for right now. If its on your ACE Transcript your safe. The only thing not 100% is if by the time you enroll at TESU they still except ALEKS for credit. (don't see them not).

That would be horrible!

Do you have to actually be enrolled for your evaluation to be locked in, or do you just need to apply and get your evaluation? How long is the evaluation good for? It would be a jerk move to get an evaluation, make a plan, execute plan, then enroll in 6 months and they change something on you.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Shanhaieddie Wrote:I just completed the Pre-algrbra course on Aleks and got it approved by the ACE website.

Is it safe to say that my Aleks course will be transferred after the 11/2016?? Is there anything I need to do like transferring or ordering a transcript. I won't be enrolling into TESU until later next year.

Are you sure you took Pre-Algebra? I am editing my comment from earlier, because I wanted to double check the titles were what I remembered, and ALEKS doesn't have a pre-algebra course for college credit. Here's what's on the ALEKS page:

Students can receive college credit for American Council on Education (ACE) credit-recommended ALEKS courses. To receive credit, a student must assess at 70% or greater on the course material for an ACE credit-recommended ALEKS course and be registered with the ACE Credit Online Transcript System. Once ALEKS and ACE have confirmed the student's completed work in ALEKS, an ACE transcript is provided. The ACE transcript can then be used to request up to three semester hours of college credit per course at educational institutions that grant credit for ACE credit-recommended courses.

Visit the ACE College Credit Recommendation Service for more information.

ACE CREDIT-RECOMMENDED ALEKS COURSES:
Beginning Algebra
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra
Trigonometry
College Algebra with Trigonometry *
PreCalculus *
Introduction to Statistics
Business Statistics
Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
* Students may not receive credit for both PreCalculus and College Algebra with Trigonometry

https://www.aleks.com/about_aleks/ace_credit
icampy Wrote:That would be horrible!

Do you have to actually be enrolled for your evaluation to be locked in, or do you just need to apply and get your evaluation? How long is the evaluation good for? It would be a jerk move to get an evaluation, make a plan, execute plan, then enroll in 6 months and they change something on you.

When you are ENROLLED your plan is locked.
Shanhaieddie Wrote:I just completed the Pre-algrbra course on Aleks and got it approved by the ACE website.

Is it safe to say that my Aleks course will be transferred after the 11/2016?? Is there anything I need to do like transferring or ordering a transcript. I won't be enrolling into TESU until later next year.

I don't think Prealgebra is an ACE-approved course. Beginning Algebra? Intermediate Algebra?

As long as you have courses on your ACE transcript, it doesn't matter when you send them to the school.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
TESU said Intermediate Algebra was ACE Approved, and it shows on my ACE transcript as of today.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Ok, so I finally accomplished a 70% on my 5th assessment of 8 questions this time for College Algebra. How long for ACE to review and add? Thanks
humbleAMG Wrote:Ok, so I finally accomplished a 70% on my 5th assessment of 8 questions this time for College Algebra. How long for ACE to review and add? Thanks

When my son applied for credit it took about 2 hours. Might take longer for you because it's the weekend.
Also - why did your assessment only have 8 questions? My son was going to try to get statistics knocked out, but he scored 40% on the initial 25 or 30 question assessment and just decided there wasn't enough time to increase his score. Are the later assessments shorter?
rowan555 Wrote:Also - why did your assessment only have 8 questions? My son was going to try to get statistics knocked out, but he scored 40% on the initial 25 or 30 question assessment and just decided there wasn't enough time to increase his score. Are the later assessments shorter?

From what I see from experience and read from others Aleks will focus on items which need further work as determined from prior assessments. So while my first few assessments were 25-30 questions, it dropped down to 7-8 questions for the last two. I still do not see the approval for my credits on ACE yet so perhaps they are off on the weekend which is a bummer as I wanted to immediately jump into Statistics and now have to wait till Monday I suppose.
humbleAMG Wrote:From what I see from experience and read from others Aleks will focus on items which need further work as determined from prior assessments. So while my first few assessments were 25-30 questions, it dropped down to 7-8 questions for the last two. I still do not see the approval for my credits on ACE yet so perhaps they are off on the weekend which is a bummer as I wanted to immediately jump into Statistics and now have to wait till Monday I suppose.

I have had them approve my courses on the weekend, you should get it tomorrow. I have had them approved on both Saturday and Sunday.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,384 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  ALEKS GLMRGIRL717 2 638 08-15-2022, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  URGENT! SDC computer architecture project : part 4 Bobbym 23 3,115 12-27-2021, 09:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  urgent. study.com course end date - nov 30 onlinelearner99 17 2,143 12-06-2021, 03:43 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Still time for ALEKS credit? MDW2447 14 3,117 09-10-2021, 03:55 AM
Last Post: echo64
  Urgent college credits VAG8088 14 1,833 07-09-2021, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Long Term Sophia Users, Got a Question TINASAM 7 1,318 03-09-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  ALEKS Badges via Acclaim Toastmaster 6 1,369 01-13-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Kab
  How to get ALEKS badge added to Acclaim ashkir 0 1,039 12-09-2020, 03:59 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  ALEKS is expiring. gams007 9 1,975 11-13-2020, 07:49 PM